2 weeks ago the kids spent a few days in the twin cities going to vacation bible school at Chris' parents' church.(Amanda...can I get a grammar lesson on those apostrophes? No idea if they are correct:) They loved it. Max was absolutely in his element with being around kids and adults, singing, dancing, playing outside, doing art projects, science projects, etc. Mya enjoyed it a lot too, but wanted Grandpa to be by her side most of the time. We knew it would be tough for her to get dropped off in a strange place without mom and dad around, so I wasn't surprised. I'm just glad she did as well as she did and she talks fondly of the experience so that's a plus. Chris and I have all 6 bible school songs memorized and most of the actions as well. That's how much we listen to the CD!
After VBS was over, I went up to Wisconsin with some college friends and Chris took the kids to his cabin for a couple days. It was a great weekend for all involved. I got to spend some quality girl time with friends I don't see very often and Chris got in an extra trip to the cabin and the kids got to swim/play at the lake! I called shortly after they got to the cabin and Max didn't even want to talk to me so if that tells you how much fun he was having.... Here are a couple pictures.
We got in our last trip to the swimming pool this week. The temperatures dropped a little this week to high 70's so we only went once. I took some video as proof of the progress Max made this summer. I'm not joking...at the beginning of the summer he was unable to put his face under the water without intense pressure and bribing from his mom and dad. Then, he took swimming lessons from an amazing girl named Megan and it totally changed his view of the water. He's a little fish now and absolutely loves to swim. Mya turned 3 during lessons so they wouldn't let her enter because she had to be 3 before it started (I was not happy) but next year she will do swimming lessons too and hopefully that will help her as much as it helped Max.
Max has been really into legos for the last 6 months or so. We took down our trains and made the train table a lego table. He has been wanting me to take his picture lately with his lego creations so here's one of the hundred or so things he has built in the last week:)
Lastly....Chris has been wanting to set the tent up in the backyard for him and the kids to go camping. It seems like if we were home on a weekend, it was 90+ degrees outside or something else came up. So...last night he decided to set it up in the basement! I went to a movie with some friends and when I came home this ginormous tent was set up! The kids didn't sleep in it last night, but something tells me it will be happening soon! I'm not much for camping, but I'm probably going to have to change my ways!



3 comments:
Yay for the pic of the Happy House Girls!! I also can't believe how blonde Mya is this summer, and congrats on the swimming, Max! P.S. I believe your apostrophes are correct, and I love your little baby bump!
Great job swimming Max! Apostrophes stink - Chris's parents' cabin.
How nice that you and some Luther Happy House girls got together while the kids had fun with Chris at the cabin. Love the swimming video especially when Max runs and does a big jump.
Post a Comment