Wednesday, September 18, 2013

another iphone post

It seems like these are the easiest posts for me these days! Sort of encompasses everything we've been up to! I have a 6 1/2 year old post almost ready to go, but I need a little more time so this one will have to do until I get a chance to finish it!

Here goes...

2 Saturdays ago I drove over to Platteville to spend the day with a few of my high school besties and their kids! I hadn't met 2 of them so it was such a great day with such great people! Here are all the kiddos lined up before bedtime:) I just love seeing my friends as moms.



Last Friday there was no school so 10 other moms and our 30 or so kids drove down to the Niabi Zoo in the quad cities for the day! We had a great time. Here's a photo of Ivy and me on the train.



When we got home from the zoo and I was looking through pictures on my phone I came across this one of Max and his friend William:) These two have been buddies for 4 1/2 years! So cute:)


Ivy watched Mya pull the chair over to get a snack and then pull it back so it wasn't 10 seconds later and she was doing it herself! She can also pull open our slider doors and shut it as well. I thought I lost her the other day in the backyard when I took my eyes off of her for 30 seconds. She was inside...just let herself in and closed the door behind her!! Wish my other two would do that...:)


She's very interested in the potty, but has yet to go. She thinks she does and loves to "wipe" herself and then put it in the big girl potty and flush. I'm dreading potty training btw. and as long as we're on the topic of things I'm dreading...I'm also dreading getting rid of that pacifier!



Max and Mya both came home last week begging to do boy/girl scouts. They get the kids all worked up about it at school so they were really excited. Max begged last year as well so we decided to let him do it this year and let Mya try girl scouts next year when she's in 1st grade. Last night was the first "den meeting" so we had to get Max all dressed up! Chris took him and clearly we didn't know how to put the handkerchief on before the meeting, but someone was kind enough to help! I have to admit he's a pretty cute cub scout and I want to let everyone know (and by everyone I mean Tara:) I did not put him in those jean shorts. He asked me to cut off a pair of jeans last week and I obliged:)





Ivy will sometimes watch a 15 minute episode of Curious George so the other day when I was putting clean clothes away I put it on for her and came out to this! My kids never hardly ever fall asleep anywhere besides their beds or the car so I was quite surprised.



Last Friday night Chris set up the tent and was going to sleep outside with Max and Mya. Mya decided pretty early on that she was going to sleep inside and Max thought that if he didn't sleep outside we wouldn't let him join cub scouts so he was bound and determined! I'm afraid my kiddos are going to be like their mama and prefer to sleep indoors:) Max and Chris made it most of the night, but Chris brought him in because they were freezing. Mya and I had a slumber party and I had to snap a picture of her twirling her hair in the night.




And lastly...my photographer friend Marie has taught me a lot about taking a good picture so two weekends ago I went out with a friend of mine and her adorable family and I wanted to share a couple photos that I took. She no longer is a mom of two boys, but rather a mom of 3 boys! Her 3rd adorable little guy was born over this past weekend.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh wow! Great photos Beth! I'm impressed. We are going to an informational meeting about girl scouts tomorrow...not sure I'm ready for all of these activities! :/

Tracy said...

I love all the photos! Especially the one of Ivy on the toilet.

Unknown said...

So many fun things! You take awesome pics too, what a great talent. Have fun in Cub Scouts! I remember when Tony was in that..:)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Great post of doing lots of fun things going on and I love see that Ivy's doing lots of big girl things too. Great pictures you took too Beth, for your friends.