Thursday, October 10, 2013

creativity at its finest

Tonight when I got home from work, Max was too busy to come and say hi to me because he was "working." As I was putting him to bed, he was talking on a fake cell phone to the general manager of the John Deere Dubuque Works factory, Byron. He was explaining to him that he couldn't find time in his schedule to meet with him. So...I decided to play along and find out what was going on in that little mind of his. I started asking questions and telling him what he had going on tomorrow and was offering suggestions for times he could meet with Byron. He then pulled out these 5 papers that he had been "working" on tonight and told me that he's showing these to John Deere and hopefully they will make these machines. This is a direct quote (I wrote it down in my phone so I wouldn't make any mistakes): "I have to get it done before 2014. I talked to Byron and I just have to get it done."

This stuff just warms my heart and gives me chills all at the same time. Seriously who's kid is this? And what did he do with my 6 year old?? And man...he sure looks up to the men in his life. One minute he wants to be a Marine and the next he wants to design machines for John Deere. Chris's brother watched the kids tonight when I was at work. Now I'm really wondering what they talked about the whole night:) So glad this parenting thing is not a one person job...pretty sure I've never talked machines with Max....not even once. But the kid also knows how to shop online. That I take all the credit for!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! I'm amazed at his creativity.....that's crazy! Good thing he has awhile until 2014, and shopping online is an art that one must know how to do. :)

ahuinker said...

So fun to see Max's mind in action!

Kel said...

AWESOME...that's all!