Thursday, January 15, 2015

Skating and Sledding

Since winter here lasts almost 6 months, we decided it would be a good idea to embrace all winter sports! The kids all got skates for Christmas and we have an outdoor rink that is really close to our house and we can skate anytime we want for free with our community league membership. We went last weekend and had a lot of fun even though it was snowing and we were the only people there! I'm sure we'll hit it up a lot more...Max and Mya are pretty good skaters from all the rollerblading they did last summer and I think I'll be getting Ivy new skates. I don't know why I didn't buy those double bladed ones in the first place!



We have also gone sledding or "toboganning" like they call it here quite a bit! Max and Mya got some snowboard type sleds for Christmas and they have loved putting them to good use. Chris wasn't going to be outdone by his kids so he had to give it a shot too:) Ivy absolutely loves sledding. She will stay out on the hill for as long as possible without her cheeks becoming in danger of frostbite! 90% of the time she carries her sled back up with her too which is a huge bonus for me!

No comments: