Friday, October 30, 2015

Chloe

Chloe Joanne turned 11 on Tuesday! Tuesdays are our crazy night so we celebrated on Wednesday. We did our annual trip to PetSmart to let her pick out some toys and bones and we had puppy friendly cupcakes at home. 



 Here's a little update on what she has been up to. Chloe hasn't really gotten the memo that she's 11.  She still loves to get into trouble and lately it seems like there have been lots of it! Last week she ate 3/4 of a beef and mushroom pizza from Papa Johns. She recently swallowed a chicken wing bone and has gotten into the garbage several times! 
                                                 

                                           


She is still my shot gun rider all day while I'm dropping kids off, picking them up and doing errands.  In the morning, I swear she can tell when my voice goes up an octave and she starts heading to the door and waiting patiently until we are ready to head to school. Also, she has picked up on the fact that I usually put my sunglasses on top of my head before we head out so now if I do that, she'll head to the door and go into panic mode. Once she's in the car, she's not interested in getting out unless there's incentive....aka a treat. One of our friends watched her recently and when we went to pick her up, Sandra said that they would leave the door to the garage open as they were getting ready to go somewhere and every time they would want to leave, Chloe would be in the van! She doesn't want to be left behind by anyone! 

                                                  

Max has taken on the responsibility of feeding her and getting her water. I can't get that kid for the life of me to throw dirty clothes in the hamper, but if I ask him to feed the dog, he jumps up from whatever he's doing no questions asked. Chloe still sleeps on his trundle bed which he loves and the girls despise! She heads upstairs to bed around 7:30 and is the last to wake in the house. 

She still drives us nuts with her constant licking of the dishwasher. A few weeks ago, she got her collar caught on the bottom shelf and dragged it across the kitchen! Thank goodness there were only a couple plastic things in there or it could have been a disaster! She loves walks and goes into full blown stubborn mode if I don't turn the way she wants. She literally stands still and won't move if I don't take the long way home from the neighbors. All in all, I'm glad she still has some spunk and I hope she stays like that for a long, long time:) 








2 comments:

Tony & Tara said...

Can't believe it's been 11 years. I love her spunk, too! Big birthday hug to you, Chlo.

ahuinker said...

I got my dog fix with my brother's dog Apollo this weekend, but I sure wish I could give Chloe some lovin'!