We flew out Thursday morning and met my mom and sister in Rochester after taking the shuttle from the airport. I got out and hugged my sis (who I hadn't seen in a year) and then said I left my purse in the van and went to get Max! It was an awesome surprise:) We went home and surprised the Huinker kids and Amanda and continued to surprise lots more people as the day went on! It was so great to see Tony...we missed seeing him last summer so it had been 2 years. The best part of the day was meeting Shae and seeing Quinn again. Quinn is super friendly so she came to me and gave me a hug right away which pretty much melted my heart. I am so so happy they're back in the states so we can see them more than once a year. Another great part of the day was seeing Quinn and Grady's relationship blooming. I think about what my kids have with Olivia and Grace and I'm so happy the littles are getting that too!
Friday we went and checked out Tony and Tara's new house that they're renovating in Decorah and also went to see my Aunt Mary, spent some time with Olivia, Grace and Grady and, went for a run with Tara and tried to take advantage of every single minute! Max loved every minute being there...got to help with the house a bit and got to be with Olivia on her birthday weekend!
Later in the afternoon, my happy house friends came to town! We were celebrating the bachelorette parties/showers of Rachel and Megan. I have known these girls for 18 years...half my life. I feel so lucky to have them in my life! We stayed downtown and had the shower Friday night and then on Saturday morning we headed off on a "bike ride with the brides" around town and had a blast.
Sunday morning we were up bright and early for Shae's baptism! I was so happy to be able to be at this special event! They got her baptized at Tony's home church in Burr Oak.
Sunday afternoon we got a ride up to the cities with Tara's friend Meleah and then proceeded to get our flight delayed and then flew through a storm! Quite and eventful end of the trip for sure:)





1 comment:
Yay!! That was such a blessing to see you for Shae's baptism and I'm excited to see you again soon!! Great pics, I love that first one of you holding Shae<3
Post a Comment