Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What's up with us!

Time for a little update on everyone in the Hoden clan.

Chris: He is finishing up his job here in Edmonton and looking forward to his new job in Dubuque/Davenport. He is going to be working with the forestry division at both the Dubuque Works factory and Davenport Works. Each facility makes two pieces of equipment so he will be busy! He will be traveling to Davenport a couple of days a week (at least at first...may be only one day after he gets settled in). He is super busy with the transition and making sure everything is in order for his replacement here. He is coaching Max's soccer team right now too and enjoying it...even the crazy parents who complain about their kid's playing time! He is checking realtor.com about 25 times a day and dealing with lots of crazy relocation issues that keep coming up.

Beth:  I am trying to fit lots into my last month here in Edmonton...I won't be living by a lululemon, crate and barrel, anthropologie and pretty much every other awesome store... so I need to get my fill now!! Target should fill the void for a bit:) I'm having lots of coffee dates, park dates, wine dates and any other kind of date I can fit in! Chris and I are playing on a slo-pitch softball team on Sundays and we are loving it. I hope to start a team similar to this in Dubuque. I also just finished up a 10k running clinic. I don't enjoy running any more than I did before, but I feel good that I can run a 10k! I'm looking forward to lots of field trips and end of the year activities for the kids in the next two weeks. I'm also looking forward to not packing lunches every morning! We get out of school the 29th.  I am also checking realtor.com several times a day:)



Maxwell: He's a busy guy these days. Playing soccer twice a week. He has improved so much and is a vital member of their team. He scored in the last three games and we're hoping he can keep going! He went to a 2 night church camp last weekend. He loved it...full of fun and games with a little church mixed in. He also just finished up chess club at school and ended up 3rd place in the school!  He is consistently beating Chris. We are hoping to find someone in Dubuque who can challenge him! Chess is a wonderful lifelong game...one that teaches you to anticipate, plan and solve problems...all things he will need in the future. His braces and all of the metal in his mouth come out July 5th. He can hardly wait!




Mya: She is finishing up with gymnastics here. She had a wonderful year in level 3. Learned a ton of new skills and is super strong. (video here)She's playing soccer and doing well. Last game two random people came up to me and one called her a machine and the other a beast so that should tell you how she plays the game! (soccer video here) She's trying to fit in as much Aiva (her best friend here) time as possible. She will miss her so much and we hope we can keep in touch.



Ivy: Ivers is finishing up her Canada kindergarten year. She is now reading! It's so exciting...even the 3rd time around I find it fascinating. Hopefully her USA kindergarten teacher is okay with the fact that she is coming in knowing how to read and write. She's using big words like "excluded" and "appreciate" lately and I just shake my head every time and wonder where my baby went! All of her friends here are going into 1st grade so that has been a tough one to explain. She is also playing soccer and other than the one game where she somehow scored 3 goals..she is mostly just there for the social aspect:) I am really trying to enjoy my afternoons with her...my last time having her at home with me! It has been 4 years of just her and me for a portion of the day during the school year. She's totally ready to be at school all day, but I'm going to miss her!



3 comments:

Julie said...

You are going to be closer to me now! :). Yayyy! We have been psycho realtor.com peeps for a long time. Hope you find a great house. Savor these final moments with your wonderful friends there! Thanks for the updates!

Katie said...

I am also obsessed with realtor.com!!! In my other life I would have been a realtor and skipped the teaching gig ;) Your family is beautiful! I love keeping up with your blog!!

Unknown said...

Love this post. It'll be so fun to look back on these days in Edmonton.