Sunday, January 13, 2019

Happy (very late)Birthday Ivy!

Dear Ivy babes-

I want to start by telling you that this post has been on my to-do list since November 10th!! I just have not gotten the chance to sit down and write it. Blogging has not been a priority the last couple years, but I need to keep up on the birthday posts at least! Here's what has been going on for you this last year.

You had a great birthday. It fell on a Sunday this year so we were able to celebrate it on your actual birthday! Olivia, Grace and Grady came down for a sleepover and they were able to go to your party too! We had it at All Around Gymnastics and you had 7 friends plus your 3 cousins. Your friends were Katelyn, Maddi, Gwen, Charlotte and Vera from the neighborhood, Audrey Errthum and Kylee, your friend from school. You all had a great time running around and trying out all of the equipment!

You are still our happy kiddo. You are in a good mood 99% of the time and we can't help but smile when we are around you. You are loving 1st grade. Mrs. Clothier is your teacher and she is wonderful. You love riding the bus and sit with either Charlotte or Myles each day.

Right now you are in swimming and hip hop. Yesterday you had your break through swim meet. You were assigned the butterfly in the 100 medley relay and we had no idea that you could do it! When you dove in, you were amazing! I sooooo wish I had it on video. You also did so well on the 50 back and 25 free. We are so proud of how far you've come in a year. Your biggest accomplishment has been doing no-breathers on your 25 free. The king sized candy bar is good motivation:)

You are 55 pounds and 47 inches, size 12 shoes and you're wearing mostly size 8 clothes. It's working out great because you and Mya are basically in the same size clothes so you can share! You are very social and love being around your friends. Disney World was super fun because you did all the rides...even Everest! You are a good little skier even though you're pretty timid the first couple times down. You are starting to read chapter books on your own and you love coming home with a new one from the school library. I can tell you are one of the leaders in your class. When I volunteer on Thursday mornings you're always running errands for the teacher or taking someone to the nurse. You do not like eating breakfast...lately I've been able to get you to eat a piece of plain cinnamon bread. I think it would be so much better toasted with butter, but you prefer it plain! You eat lunch at school about 50% of the time. Your favorite meal at home is meatballs and rice. You still don't drink milk and eat very little cheese. But ice cream and yogurt are two of your favorite things. You have lost 4 teeth total, but have 2 more loose right now. You are still my kid who will sleep in on the weekends. You wake up on your own about once a week for school and the other days I have to get you up and carry you out to the kitchen for breakfast!

I could probably write about you for another page or two, but I'll finish up. We are so lucky to be your parents. You are such a joy to our whole family. Love you a ton Baby Ivy!

Mom

11/11/11


11/11/12


11/11/13


11/11/14



11/11/15



11/11/16

 

11/11/17

11/11/18


1 comment:

Julie said...

I love your birthday posts!!!!! :) Such a fun, cute little lady!