Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The streak continues...


I grew up going to Twins baseball games. Usually once a summer we'd go up to the cities for a game. Between those games growing up and the games I went to the year I lived in the cities after college, I had never seen the Twins lose in person. Saturday Chris and I went to a game with my sister and some friends and the streak was in jeopardy. You wouldn't have thought so going into the 9th inning with a 6-2 lead, but the twins managed to give up 5 runs in the 9th! We ended up winning on a sacrifice fly in the 12th inning...5.5 hours after the start of the game! The game was super exciting. Would have been super exciting to anyone there, but for us...(6th row behind the Brewers Dugout)it was unbelievable. The twins have a new outdoor stadium this year and they filled it Saturday with the biggest crowd of the season so the place was rockin':)

Awesome view of the city from the stadium

check out the ball just as Mauer is about to hit.

The team after Mauer scored the winning run.



Friday night we had an adult evening out at my sister's house. She had a little party on her deck with some family, friends, food and entertainment. Tara is truly the hostess with the mostess....the party was a ton of fun!

1 comment:

Tony & Tara said...

Loved hanging out with you guys this weekend. wish we lived closer - but hey, i'll take what I can get :)