Tuesday, February 1, 2011

halitosis

I thought I knew what bad breath smelled like, but nothing comes even close to the breath coming out of Max's mouth these days. Even Mya told him today that he stinks! It's true...it seems like he has some sort of body odor coming out of his pores, but it's just his breath! Truth is..I knew it was coming. My cousin had 2 boys with their tonsils out and his wife warned me about this, but I had no idea it was going to be this bad! Everything I've read says it will go back to normal in 2-3 weeks. Let's hope for 2:)

Max seems to be doing much better these last couple of days. He is eating (although not very well) and drinking lots. The colder the better..I even put ice in his milk. I was sure no one in the world (except the Kruse family) put ice in milk! Mya is on the "tonsils out" diet as well. How do you tell one child they can have pudding at 8am but the other one can't??

We're going to have some "re-training" to do around here in the next few weeks. Typically I don't respond to my kids if they don't use nice words (please, thank you) but I haven't been sticking by my guns the last few days because I know it hurts Max to even talk. I also have been letting Max get away with some not-so-good-behavior too. He is not a fan of his little sis these days especially when she tries to be his mommy and rub his leg and tell him it will be okay or something like that! Hopefully he snaps back to normal after he's feeling better.

A big thank-you to so many of you for sending packages, balloons, making phone calls, e-mails and facebook messages asking about Max. It really means a lot to me and more importantly to him! He thinks it's Christmas again...today he wanted to know if there would be a package for him in the mailbox! The doorbell rang this afternoon and immediately he said "The package man is here!" A highlight of today was a delivery from Max's teacher of a card signed by all of his little classmates and a pint of Dairy Queen ice cream. Max loved it and even shared some with Mya and me:) Chris doesn't know about it yet, but I'm guessing as soon as he reads this blog, the ice cream will be gone!


No comments: