Saturday, February 5, 2011

hard to find, one of a kind

Mya has been so funny lately. Once she started talking, she hasn't stopped. She talks absolutely non-stop. Most days I'm so happy when Chris walks in the door simply so she'll have someone else to talk to and answer her questions and respond to her needs. When we read books, she does most of the reading/talking. Sometimes she talks right through my reading. It especially bugs me when I want to read the ending to feel some closure to the book! (and it's usually a book I've read a million times, but I still want to finish it!) I'm trying to get a good video of her during reading time, so if I do, I'll post it.

As I've mentioned before, she's really into babies. She wants me to play babies with her every second we're awake. While there are times I don't mind playing, other times it's not all that convenient. Usually I can get away with telling her I'll hold one of her babies and rock her to sleep. The other day I was doing something on the computer and when I turned she was in her baby crib. Only Mya..



She's also really into dressing herself. A pretty dress is what she wants most days, but jammies are also high on the list. The other day I was talking to my sister on Skype and she asked where Mya was. I told her she was upstairs in her room, but had been there too long so I was sure she was changing her clothes. Sure enough...30 seconds later she walked down the stairs in a summer tank top with brown pants and pink crocs. Yesterday we went to the mall to do a little shopping and she spotted a Dora nightgown. It was on the yellow dot rack so I picked it up for her. She threw a fit when we had to put it on the counter to scan it and pay! So we had to put it on her right then and there in Younkers! Here's a picture I took on my phone. Oh..and yes she is wearing rain boots. I pick and choose my battles and shoes aren't one I choose to deal with.



Lastly, a picture I took the other day after the big 13" snowfall. The mailbox is behind Max's head so you can kind of tell how much snow we got!


No comments: