Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hoden happenings

The week from you know where has ended. Mya seemed much better very soon after her steroid shots and antibiotics kicked in. It has taken us a few days longer to re-train her behaviors though...:) She still thinks she can get whatever she wants, whenever she wants! And also thinks we'll come and rub her back and give her drinks throughout the night! Last night was much better with only one 4:00 a.m. waking, but we're hoping that goes down to zero tonight! We go back for another chest x-ray in 3 weeks. Should be super fun this time now that she knows what's coming!

Max started soccer yesterday. He's playing in the Dubuque Developmental League. It's 6 Saturdays for an hour each time. He has 6 kiddos on his team, but only 3 play at a time so it decreases the swarm and they can learn some fundamentals. I could only go for the first 20 minutes and then I had to teach tennis, but Chris said it was pretty crazy and most of the goals were scored for the other team! Max was pretty excited about this. We bought him new shin guards and socks and gave them to him the night before. He wanted so badly to sleep with them on! Chris convinced him that just the socks would be enough. The next morning he walked into our bedroom at 7:15 all dressed for soccer and ready to go! I'm not a huge soccer fan, but it's hard not to be when he is so excited about it!



Last weekend our neighbors picked up 5 trees for us at a tree farm in Wisconsin when Mya was sick. They were delivered Wednesday so we were able to get them planted. They look really nice in our yard. We got 2 red maple, 2 oak and 1 flowering pear tree. I can't wait for them to start growing and blooming! The best part...each tree was $30! Pretty affordable compared to the two $300 trees we bought in Cedar Falls! Here's a picture of 3 of them...kind of hard to see though.



We also picked up a swing set this last week at Menards. For all the times our kids played on the Mendards swing set, we figured we owed them our business:) Chris is putting it together in small steps along with the help of the neighbors. The kids are pretty excited about it and so am I! Our 2 swings under the deck and sandbox have definitely served their purpose, but the kids are ready for more now. We're going to strategically place it so I can see it out of my kitchen/dining room window!





One more thing to add...Max told me this morning that he couldn't eat his cereal because his kangaroo hurt. After some investigating, I found out he had a canker sore on his lip and he started calling it his kangaroo:) I didn't have the heart to correct him, because these little slip-ups are few and far between these days and it's just so cute!

Whew!! We have a few things going on I'd say! Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Kel said...

Love the swing set construction! And the "kangeroo" comment is great too...don't correct that because when he is older and finds "the one," it makes for great conversation about his childhood. Well, at least that's what my parents did...