Sunday, June 5, 2011

precision

Normally if one of my kids got a hold of a sharpie marker and colored on themselves, I would not be a happy camper. However, when I saw what Mya was able to do with the marker, I was quite impressed! Check out those blue fingernails. She did both her left and right hands with nearly flawless precision!




Can you tell I'm trying to look at the glass half full this summer???:) Someone told me at the beginning of last summer to try to say "yes" to my kids as much as I can when it comes to having fun. Can you give me an underdog? YES! (even if it is the 100th underdog I've given of the day) Can you pitch to me? YES! (even if it is painfully boring to do this and fighting with Chloe to get the ball is not my idea of a good time) Can we paint the swing set? SURE! (that was actually a good idea. It took up an hour and I sat in a chair the whole time:) Can we wash our bikes? WHY NOT! (another fun activity that involves me sitting in a chair:) Can we run in the sprinkler? YES! (even though this requires a full application of sunscreen and I am already so sick of sunscreen and it's barely June!)

I know my kids will not really remember this time in their life specifically, but I hope they can look back and remember having fun, staying busy, and smiling a lot:)

2 comments:

Kel said...

Beth, the sunscreen thing is much easier with the spray...I hope you have that!! :) Yay to having as much fun as possible!

Tracy said...

You are a great mom, Beth. I would like to come and play at your house this summer!