Friday, July 22, 2011

Grass Heads and Trolley Rides

While we were up at the cabin a few weeks ago, Chris's mom did a few projects with the kids. One of them was making these fun grass heads! I didn't see them do it, but I'm assuming they took some pantyhose, put grass seed in the bottom, put soil in after that and then tied a knot on the end! The kids decorated the faces with buttons and felt fabric. When we got home they started watering their heads with a spray bottle and voila! Grass grew in for hair! Here's a picture of them. Ours are a little beat up because they tend to carry them around, they've been left out in the rain and they've been shown to everyone who has entered our house! Now they want to give them a haircut which we will probably do today!



Last week we went on a trolley ride here in Dubuque. The kids have seen these trolleys riding around and a friend of mine found out that it only cost 50 cents to go for a ride! So our playdate group met one morning and we toured around Dubuque for 20 minutes or so! The kids loved it, but it may have been the longest 20 minutes of my life. I was "trolley-sick" in the first few minutes from sitting in the back, going around blocks and trying to keep my kids sitting down! Not sure I'll be going on a trolley ride anytime soon...at least while I'm pregnant anyway!



1 comment:

Kelly Escorcia said...

Cute grass heads and the tolley ride looks fun. Sorry you got sick beth. The joys of being pregnant. Kelly