Lately I have been having Max do some chores around here. He actually really enjoys being useful and especially loves when there are rewards at the end. Something tells me he'll be a lot like his dad in that he is motivated by money:) One of the things he has been doing a lot is picking up his toys in the basement and picking up his room. Sometimes the clothes on the floor (dirty or not) end up in the clothes basket, but other than that it's a job well done most of the time. I now know why my mom got so irritated with us when she would wash clothes that were clean. It drives me absolutely nuts when I'm folding a pair of winter sweatpants that I am 100% sure of were not worn.
Since Max and Mya are so close in age, we pretty much make Mya do the same chores that Max is doing just with lower expectations. This is her idea of picking up her room. (see pictures below)


Everything that is on the floor goes on her chair. I have no idea who she gets that from!! The best thing is that she is so dang proud of her room and basically demands approval from Chris and I. We usually give her the approval because it's so funny to walk in and see the mound of "stuff" piled on her chair.
2 comments:
Tate and Adria have been really good at cleaning their rooms and making their beds too! And Adria always helps with the dishwasher. It is kind of helpful. Once Troy gets old enough I am going to teach them how to clean the whole house and I won't have to do anything!
Nice strategy Mya! All on the chair... I love it.
Post a Comment