Monday, August 8, 2011

Holy Moly Zucchini!

I haven't blogged much about my garden this year, but it is still going strong! My neighbor and I decided to do a little "community garden" where she plants some things and I plant others and then we share the produce. We both planted lettuce and onions. I planted green beans, cucumbers and zucchini. She planted the tomatoes and peppers. It is working out really well, so I'm sure we'll do the same next year. I'm trying to convince my wonderful, handy, hardworking husband to build me another above ground garden so we can expand a little bit and plant some peas and other veggies.

I had been pretty diligent about checking the garden for vegetables, but apparently I missed a couple days. This is the newest zucchini. I had Max hold it so you could see its size relative to a 4 year old:) Guess I need to be checking daily from now on! Apparently getting 12 inches of rain in 12 hours makes things grow quite quickly! Who knew??


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Funny! Jealous that you have a garden!

Kelly Escorcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Escorcia said...

Love your community garden idea and that zucchini is huge!!!