Saturday, February 11, 2012

3 months!

This 3 month old little girl is melting our hearts these days. Not that I dislike the newborn stage, but I really love this stage we're entering. She smiles at me when I go to get her from her crib, she is starting to coo a lot, she sits up in the bumbo seat (which is adorable btw), she can be entertained pretty easily, loves to look at toys, tolerates being taken out of the bath and not wrapped up for .2 seconds now! She goes to bed around 9:00 which is so wonderful because I get an hour or so of free time to myself. She wakes around 2-3 and then wakes again around 5:30-6. After that, she sleeps until 9:00 if we don't have to wake her to go to preschool! Not too bad...I have it down to a science and I can be back in bed in 12 minutes! Naps are going really well. She still needs to be swaddled as tight as possible and needs her pacifier, but then she is a dream napper!

Ivy eats every 2 1/2-4 hours, wears size 2 diapers, averaging a complete blow out twice per week, doesn't really fit into 3 month clothes or 6 month clothes at this time, has really cold, clammy feet and hands, loves stroller rides on warm winter days, would prefer to be held rather than put down, startles easily, has sharp, fast growing fingernails, spits up often, has her hands in her mouth constantly, blows bubbles, sticks her tongue out when being talked to, has gorgeous long, curly eyelashes, has shown no preference for her mom (yet:), and loves to look around at Max and Mya whenever she's awake!

I feel like things have mellowed out with me as well. For awhile there I felt like I was living in someone else's body! Max and Mya are understanding that their needs may not get met the very instant they want something, and Chloe is starting dog training school next Tuesday! Things are definitely looking up:)



3 comments:

Kel said...

Come on! She could not be cuter!

ahuinker said...

What a sweet little smile! Good to see you guys this weekend. Hope your trip home went smoothly.

Kelly Escorcia said...

Precious and sleeping so well too! Ivy is just beautiful.