Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break Trip

This week the kids have spring break. We're not quite adventurous enough to take our brood on a big trip, so we decided to do some mini spring break trips instead! Today Chris took the day off and we went to the Iowa Children's Museum in Iowa City. We didn't tell the kids where we were going until we got in the car and I'm telling you...it was the best car ride we've ever been on. They were so excited! I took them there last year around this time and I think Max has asked over 100 times since then to go back! The pictures pretty much tell the story here...

Fun in the airplane



Max was able to try out the flight simulator with Chris. It was a little over his head, but he still had fun!



One of Max and Mya's favorite part was the rocket station. They built a rocket and then got to shoot it up in the air by stomping on the pedal. I think they could have easily done it 100 times!





Mya loved going down this slide over and over again:) At one point I thought I had lost her, but she was inside the slide and thought it was so funny that I couldn't find her! I didn't find it as funny...



Max entering his PIN to make a withdrawal out of the ATM:)



I could tell these two have been to the grocery store a time or two...they knew just what to do!




Lego World was a big hit as suspected.....



Ivy just hung out in her car seat most of the day. She did manage to have quite the blow out, which is always fun to deal with while out in public:)



We ended the day with a ride on the carousel and Whitey's Ice Cream! We all had a great time and everyone was exhausted! Not exhausted enough to sleep on the way home though. It was nice to get home to a 70 degree day. The kids hardly stepped foot inside before heading out on their bikes to enjoy the day!

3 comments:

Julie said...

We definitely should meet in Iowa City sometime....we were just there a month or so ago! Looks like the kids loved it! We will have to plan a meet-up sometime!

Karen said...

Maybe the Easter Bunny can bring Max and Mya a Stomp Rocket. Elliot has one and LOVES it. We play it in the house and outside and find a million uses for it (i.e. knocking over block towers, see who's goes the furthest, aiming it at things...preferably not sully) Its on fatbrain.com or amazon and about $15. You won't be disappointed. :)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Yeah for the Children's Museum, carousel, and ice cream. Sounds like a prefect mini spring break trip to me.