Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Miscellaneous

The days here are just flying by and I can't keep up! We've stayed busy and are hoping to stay cool these next few days!

Last Wednesday we took a trip to the Madison Zoo with our play date friends. This is the same group we went with two years ago, but this time it was a much better experience! It was a scorcher, but we were able to find ample shade and with lots of water breaks, the kids did great. Unfortunately I cannot find my camera that I brought with me to the zoo, so I'll have to post some pictures at a later date! Of course when we left the zoo and I asked Max and Mya what their favorite part was...their answer was "the stuffed animal we bought at the end." I could have taken them to Petco for that.

Over the weekend we were able to celebrate John Deere's 175th anniversary. The JD Dubuque works factory threw a LARGE and impressive party. Chris's parents were able to make the trip down for the celebration and it was definitely worth their drive. They opened up the factory for everyone to see, had equipment demonstrations, had a "mini Dubuque County Fair" right on site with bouncy houses, face painting, snow cones, cotton candy, spray-tattoo parlors, crafts, carnival games and more. I told Chris we were exempt from making our appearance at the fair now. We went home with more stuffed animals than I care to share and some very tired, yet happy kiddos. I really enjoyed seeing the forestry equipment in action because I've heard so much about them, but have never really seen it first hand. Pretty cool stuff. Again..pictures from this day are on the lost camera. Here's one of Max "working" at Chris's desk taken by a phone and one of the whole fam taken by the event group. I would also like to point out that this picture was scanned and e-mailed to me by my mother in law. She was not very confident in her "techy" skills, but pulled this off without a hitch:) The fact that it's sideways is not her fault..I can't figure out how to turn it for some reason!

 
Posted by Picasa

Lastly, we made our semi-annual trip to the dentist yesterday. Normally our dental visits aren't blog-worthy, but this trip was. Apparently Max is a bit of a dental anomaly. He has not one, but THREE loose teeth and also has a tooth growing in behind his top teeth. After 2 different sets of x-rays, we found out that this is not one of his permanent teeth coming in, but rather an extra tooth. The dental hygienist said she has only seen 2 in her 26 years of working at this office. So...we have to see an oral surgeon tomorrow morning for a consult and then schedule an appointment to have it extracted. He will be completely put out for the surgery so it's not a quick fix. I'll add a picture on here soon. I haven't talked to my mom in person or over the phone about this yet, but I'm guessing at some point she will tell me that this is probably because I drank too much milk and ate too many vegetables when I was pregnant with him. ha ha:) That's pretty much what we blame most things on when it comes to Max. Hey...I took it literally when the book said to drink 3 glasses of milk and eat 5-7 servings of vegetables per day when expecting! Don't think Mya and Ivy are going to have those same problems:)

1 comment:

Mom said...

yup, I think the peas and beans were counted out one-by-one, to make sure you hit the exact requirements of veggies for a first time pregnant mom! Not sure WHY Max has teeth problems, ear tubes and tonsils and adnoid problems after all those veggies. The peas and beans must have given him his tender heart and caring, loving personality along with great soccer abilities!