Dear Ivy,
Happy Birthday to our sweet baby girl! One year ago today you made us a family of 5! This year has flown by, but I've tried so hard to enjoy every moment of it. You have brought so much joy to our lives and we feel blessed to be your parents.
You still haven't slept through the night, but I take 100% blame for that. I just can't seem to let you cry it out (even though we've tried several times) and when it takes me less than 5 minutes to be back in my bed and sleeping it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I try not to complain about being tired and I'm careful who I tell that you're not sleeping through the night or else I get lectured about how you don't need to be eating in the night:)
You are such a lover. You will go up to any adult in the room and hold your hands out to be picked up. Sometimes you put your head down on their shoulder and it just melts hearts. Most people think they are your favorite and I don't have the heart to tell them that you do that to everyone! At Mya's field trip the other day, you went up to the DNR lady who was leading the field trip and she carried you around for awhile! I hope you can always bring smiles to the faces of others.
Now for some stats and other tidbits...you weigh just over 20 pounds, wear size 4 shoes, size 3 diapers, wearing 12-18 month clothes, take 2 naps a day..one longer one and one shorter one, go to bed around 7, have 6 teeth that are through and two more on the bottom that are just about ready to pop through. You love your purple blanket with the silk around the edges, like the pacifier at bedtime and in the car, but could take it or leave it the rest of the day, can sign "all done" and "more" even though I'm pretty sure your "all done" just means GET ME OUT OF THIS HIGHCHAIR, you hate being contained, are starting to throw tantrums when things get taken away from you, you prefer to read books by yourself instead of letting me read them to you, you love to be sung to and I can tell you're trying to do some actions with the songs, you have very little hair, but it is coming in a bit darker than Mya's, you hate when Chloe barks and when I put the shade up in the morning in your dark, dark room.
We've only had to call Poison Control once and you've had Chloe's food in your mouth several times, but I don't think you've actually ingested it yet. Her water dish is your favorite toy behind my cell phone, the remote control and the kids' backpacks. You love to carry around bags, backpacks and purses through the house. It's a tad annoying when the bus is here and we can't find Max's backpack because you put it somewhere! You take your socks off every chance you get, you really dislike things on your head and you've had a very difficult time adjusting to daylight savings time ending.
I'm really going to miss the baby stage. Can't believe I just wrote that because prior to you I was not really a baby person. Either you were so much easier or I finally figured it out after two other kiddos:) The newness of having a baby has not worn off yet with your brother and sister. They are still equally excited to see you every morning when I get you out of your crib as they were when you were a newborn and your big sister still asks countless times per day if she can hold you. They can't get enough of you (except when you wreck their Legos) and I hope it stays like that forever. I'm so happy you're the one who was picked to be in our family...we love you Ivy Anne!
11/11/11
11/11/12
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment