Monday, September 30, 2013

nails all around

Last Friday was the annual VNA gala that I've been in charge of the past two years. This year though I just got to go and attend and I have to say...it's much more fun!! I found a dress at younkers for $38 so I felt like I could splurge a bit and I got a spray tan and my hair done! Shortly before leaving for the event, I wanted to paint my finger nails, but Chris was gone so I knew I would have a couple of helpers.

These two little girlies were in heaven. I have been reading a lot of books to Ivy about colors, but she didn't seem to be catching on until I got out the finger nail polish container. She knew all of her colors! I was shocked. I let her paint her own (there was no use stopping her...she was going to do it regardless) and Mya is better at painting her own than I am!



Then the next day Chris was hanging something up in Max and Mya's room and these two were helping complete with their own tools and all! Whenever Chris gets tools out, Max is very quick to help, but now we know the girls are as well. It's pretty cute watching them imitate us:) I just love my tomboy girly girls!




Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Whoa.... you are one brave momma letting Ivy do her own nails! I still cringe when Adria does hers..... and I had to clean a spill out of her bedroom carpet some time back :( Not fun getting bright pink polish out of light carpet.

Anonymous said...

Love that Mya is helping out with the construction while wearing a frilly little skirt! :)

Unknown said...

little beth little tara.
:)

Kel said...

Fun post...but where is a picture of you in your gala dress?!