Monday, October 7, 2013

weekend update!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Ours started out a little rough, but ended up being a nice weekend. I got a call from the school nurse on Friday saying that Mya had a bad belly ache. So I went to get her and she then told me she had a sore throat too. That combo isn't good for my kids so I took her in and I was right...strep throat:( She was pretty down and out for about 8 hours, but then got a 2nd wind and didn't look back.

She was supposed to go to my parents this weekend for a big girls weekend with Olivia nad Grace. We had to postpone her trip by 24 hours until she was no longer contagious so I met my dad halfway Saturday afternoon. She got to go to the pumpkin patch with her best buds and spend some quality grandparent time as well! My mom says next year Ivy will be invited because at times 3 can be a hard number:) Won't be long until Livi and Grace are big sisters! We're all so excited for a new little one to be born:) I'm guessing it will be before Halloween, but the expected date is November 8th.



Our little Ivy babes has been giving us a run for our money lately. She has a very strong personality and wants to make sure she is heard. When I really need her to stop doing something I say "Ivy Anne" with a stern voice. So yesterday in the car on the way home from Decorah, Mya was bugging her and she started saying "Mya Anne" with the same stern voice I use. It's pretty crazy how their brains work! Also one time lately I let her get out of going down for a nap because she said she wanted to play legos. So now every time she has to take a nap or go to bed she says she wants to play legos! Wonder how long that will last. She's pretty into books again these days and now has started to memorize them because we read the same ones so often. I took a video of her reading and it's on youtube. you can see it here.

As much as Ivy is into books, she's also into climbing. Here is a spot I found her the other day. I heard her asking for a "couple books" which is what she says when she wants to read and apparently she wanted some new choices so she was helping herself!


Here's another one...this time we heard her say "Mom, get down" so I went running.


Also in news from this weekend...Mya learned to tie shoes! Max can also tie his shoes, but he would MUCH rather I still tie them for him and when we told him Mya could tie really well and wondered if he would want her to tie his shoes for him, we got the opposite response we were looking for. We were hoping it would motivate him to work on it a little more and become more efficient, but he simply responded, "sure. that would be great."



Max got camo paint for his face and is pretty excited to be a Marine for Halloween. The other night when he was going to bed, Chris said, "It's time to go to bed Mr. Max" and he responded with, "Don't call me Max, call me Tony Brown." (my sister's hubby in case any of you were wondering who Tony Brown is:)



My big news is that I got a new iPhone! My other one fell in a bucket of water in July and I was able to make do until the new ones came out. I even traded the other one that was hanging on by a thread and needed to be charged fully 3 times per day for $100! They didn't ask if it was working so I figured they didn't care! My pictures from my phone will be much better now so expect more iPhone posts to come:)

Also, want to wish my in-laws a very happy Anniversary! And my dad turns 61 tomorrow:) Hard to believe it was a year ago we were celebrating his big birthday!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, love these photos...IVY! What an adventurer:) Max - I'm getting tears watching you want to be "Tony Brown." And the three girls, how adorable. Next time, I'll have to bring Kate:)

ahuinker said...

Good job Mya learning to tie your shoes! Livy is so close...you'll have to giver her some hints! Max - I can barely see you in that picture. And, Ivy - I don't know how to comment about your climbing!