Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Holiday program at Church

I'm waaaaay behind on posts from the holidays, so here goes. More to come....just don't know when!

On Sunday December 16th, the kids had their Christmas program at church. One Sunday in early November, the children's choir director asked if anyone wanted a solo in the program. I explained to Max and Mya what a solo was and their responses were as expected. Mya: NO WAY Max: YES PLEASE.

They had a few practices and we worked with him a little at home. I have to admit, I'm not a music person and the music he was singing was not a typical Christmas song that I could hum the tune. We ended up recording Grandpa David sing it over Thanksgiving so that was a big help!

The night of the performance, he was cool as a cucumber. I was a little nervous, but that's because I wouldn't have done something like that in a million years when I was younger ever. He was the first solo of the evening and he was fantastic. The microphone didn't work and he just rolled with it. By the 3rd verse, the director forgot to cue him to come in, so he was a little late, but did great with that as well. At one point when people were scrambling trying to get the microphone to work he just shrugged his shoulders like "oh well." We were pretty proud. Here's a link to you tube so you can see it if you want.

"Good News" by Maxwell Hoden on youtube

Mya was great in the performance as well. She got to be a sheep and Max got to be a shepherd for the Christmas story and they loved that. (even though it does not appear that Mya loved it in the picture below.:) All in all...a really nice night! Thanks to Grandpa Rog, Grandma Pat and Uncle Jeff for coming to watch and helping with the crazy 2 year old in our lives:)


2 comments:

Julie said...

Precious video of him singing Beth! And I love the bow tie! Awesome job!

Tracy said...

Wow! Awesome! I would have never done that either. Ever. Very cute pictures.