Saturday, January 18, 2014

Miss Mya is 5 1/2

Thanks to my sis-in-law Amanda, I realized we had a half birthday coming up! And a half birthday when your birthday is in the summer is kind of a big deal!

Here's what's up with our half birthday girl. She is loving kindergarten in every sense of the word. She's reading up a storm, learning to spell and not really worrying about the words that she misspells. I was kind of worried at first when she would only write the word if it was spelled right. She loves her friends, recess, lunch (when it's brought from home:) and really doesn't complain at all. (fon=fun)



She has had strep throat twice this fall/winter and we're hoping that trend does not continue. She knows how to get me to jump...telling me her throat hurts! She loves to get out of bed a lot after she has been tucked in, and to get up in the middle of the night which is quite annoying. The other night when Chris was gone she came into my room to see if she could sleep with me. I told her she could (because I was lazy) and when she turned back to go get her blanket, she walked right into the door that she closed when she walked in! It's kind of funny now, but it wasn't then:)

Mya is so so good with Ivy. They play and laugh together all the time. She can get Ivy all washed up in the bathtub and can get her dressed and her shoes on. (All of this requires Ivy's cooperation which doesn't always happen) She really wants another baby brother or sister. When I asked her why she said, "So I can take care of the zero and you can take care of Ivy." This little girl wants to be a mommy so badly! I secretly love it. That was me growing up and I love seeing how she takes care of her babies.




Miss Mya wants her ears pierced in the worst way. I was going to do it for Christmas, but then I thought we were getting her too much so I was hoping to put it off until her birthday. It appears as though that's not going to work. She has begged and pleaded and begged and pleaded some more. We decided today that if she can go to bed 10 nights without getting out of bed, she can get her ears pierced. Check back here in 10 days and I guarantee there will be a post about it! She is also into getting married. Today she told me her wedding was on Christmas so here's the outfit she pulled off...quite a diva if I do say so myself!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy half birthday, Mya! I also cannot get over seeing how big Ivy is...my goodness. It is so sweet to see their little sister relationship:) Kate talks about weddings too...right now she says she is going to marry her brother!

ahuinker said...

Love Miss Mya and her spunky, loving, fun personality!

Kel said...

We're rooting for your ears piercing reward, Mya! :)