
First of all...Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! Especially to my mom and my mother in law. Thanks for all you do for us and for setting the bar high! We are very thankful for you both:)
Ivy Anne is two and a half today! Whoa. That went fast. I could write about this little ball of fire for days, but I'll try to condense it to a few paragraphs. She is afraid of the dark and loud noises these days. Often times needs the light on until she falls asleep and then we go in and turn it off. She wakes up and thinks there's either a monkey or a horse behind her chair. I show her every time that there's nothing back there, but she's not convinced! She is pretty attached to her mama when I'm there, but is fine with anyone else if I'm not around. She loves to go to her school 3 mornings a week and is a horrible grocery shopping partner now that she likes to drink coffee. I can't get a Starbucks while I shop or she will whine about wanting some the whole time!

Ivy is wearing mostly size 3t clothes already. She's going to be taller than Mya pretty soon at this rate! She is still in her crib and loving it. She went through another phase of climbing out a couple of weeks ago, but then right when I was ready to take the mattress out and put it on the floor, she stopped. We're going to switch her to a big girl bed or a toddler bed when we go to Edmonton. She's pretty close to being potty trained. If her mom would just get her act together and spend 2-3 days doing it, I know it would happen quickly. She's still a big time fan of her blankie and paci. She specifically likes the tag on her blanket and today in church she was taking Max's hand and rubbing it on the tag too. I'm sure she was thinking...hey, if I like the tag, everybody likes the tag! Her favorite downtime activity is watching an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on my bed. When I don't want her to watch TV, I tell her Mickey is sleeping and she totally goes for it. Her favorite animal right now is a llama. She chooses to read Llama Llama books and Is your Mama a Llama at least twice per day. She even has Mya reading them to her now.

Loves to know what everyone's name is. Instead of "what is your name" it comes out "what your name is?" And if you tell her your name once, she has it forever. She has some super cute language slip ups..all parks are water parks, bandaids are rubber bands, door bell is called the ding bell (and she loves to ring the ding bell over and over and over again now that we re-engaged it:), the lawn mower is the lawn moder, Canada is Candada.

If I had to pick her future career right now, I'd say lawyer. She is quite a negotiator and definitely has a way with words. She's still the love of her brother and sister's life and she acts like she's "one of the big kids". Hopefully she does okay with the transition North. I told her we were going to get a new house and she threw a fit and said she didn't want one, but I'm pretty sure she had no idea what I was talking about.
Phew! Quite a lot to say about this 2 1/2 year old. She's definitely one of a kind and definitely a keeper:) After I wrote this post, I looked back on Max and Mya at the same age and they are oddly similar! To read about Max at 2 1/2 click here Mya click here



1 comment:
Love this post and reading Max and Mya's at this age, too! :) can't wait to see these hooligans
Post a Comment