Friday, January 21, 2011

2 1/2 year old

Chris and I just got home today from a wonderful trip to Mexico (more on that later) While we were gone, Mya passed a milestone. She is now 2 1/2 years old! For me..the 1/2 years seem like such a big deal. Now when people ask me how old she is, she is actually closer to 3 than 2! I wrote some of this blog before we left and I was going to edit it and publish while in Mexico, but when I started in on it, I got lonesome for the kids so I had to shut down! So...here's the original post even though it's not the 18th today:)

Mya is 2 1/2 today! Holy cow that went fast. She's turning into a great little kid although still has some of her quirks:) Wouldn't have it any other way though! here's a run down of what she's up to.

Her and Max continue to be best buds and worst enemies. 99% of the time when the tears start, I hear "sorry max, it was an accident and didn't mean to" out of her. She knows how to push his buttons. Before bed they give each other hugs and Mya always says "wuv you, ni-night" and it about melts our hearts.

Her most common phrase these days is "mommy, look it!" She's really into drawing, her babies, stuffed animals (also referred to as babies), asking if you want something to eat or drink, cleaning and taking baths. Her cousin Livi is another favorite these days. Those two girls get together and giggle the whole time. No one even know what they're giggling about! She is in a phase where she's afraid of dogs. We're hoping it doesn't last because it's really annoying and she didn't used to be afraid. Of course her own dog is no big deal at all. She doesn't even know Chloe exists most days!

Mya has the most wonderful fake laugh you've ever heard. If she's watching a you-tube video (funny or not) she laughs a deep belly laugh that is so fake, but hilarious. She is deeply in love with herself. Every baby picture is her, every time she sees a home video of Max, she insists we watch one next of her. Dora and Max & Ruby are her current favorite shows on TV. She is into a little bit of a TV craze right now. For 2 years and 4 months she wouldn't watch a second of TV and now she's addicted. It's the first thing she asks for in the morning and the last thing she asks for before bed (after her mommy of course:) Speaking of her mommy...we continue to be the best of friends. Actually...I'm not sure if it's me she loves or my hair. Both are pretty much her favorites right now.

She talks all the way through reading a book which annoys me to no end. She loves to get dressed up and then show people how cute she is. She usually says "look it" and then sticks her chest out really far. "Pretty dresses" are the favorite, but lately I've been able to convince her that shirts can also be called dresses sometimes:) Mya insists on privacy when using the bathroom. Often you can find this if you walk into the bathroom while she's taking care of business.



I asked Chris if he had any thoughts he wanted to add to this post. His response was short and sweet. "I think she's really smart and is going to use it against us." Pretty much sums it up! Hopefully I can take a couple of new pictures this week and will post them when I do!

No comments: