Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The house part 1

I took some pictures of the house today and thought I'd do a quick post so you could see! I am very happy with it. Of course there are a few things here or there that I'd love to change, but for the most part, it has been great. We totally lucked out by getting this house. We looked at quite a few houses that just weren't going to work out whether it was the size, the price, the neighborhood or the fact that they wouldn't take dogs. This one worked for all four of those things. Our relocation specialist Michelle was out talking to her neighbors one night and they mentioned that some of their friends were relocating to Toronto just 6 months after they bought this house and were going to look for someone to rent it out. Of course Michelle's eyes lit up and within 2 weeks, we had a lease signed and Chris moved in April 1st! It was definitely meant to be. Anyway...here are some pictures!

The basement is unfinished so we've made a couple of areas for the kids to put their toys. We want to get a second carpet remnant soon because it's June and they're already complaining that it's too cold down there!



Ivy's room. Looks exactly the same as it did in Dubuque!


I love this kitchen. Favorite spot of the house. It's so functional and the appliances are awesome. No garbage disposal though which has been a pretty big pain. We're working on getting one ASAP!


There is a little loft/landing type room at the top of the stairs. It's very common in Canada I guess. We are using it as a quiet play area with books, puzzles, games and of course the Wii. Since the previous owners left their TV in the living room, we put our enormous 60" TV up in this room for the Wii. Way too big in my opinion, but Chris thought it was a good idea:)


Max's room. We have lots of sports "stuff" to go on the walls, but in the meantime he taped some sports paper up on the walls:) He loves having his own room and loves it even more now that we put some curtains up to block the sun that is out until midnight.


Mya's room. She's so proud of her "queen" zebra stripe bed! Don't you love how she decorated the walls with her paper too?!?


Another favorite room of mine is this living room. Although I wish I had more time to sit down, relax and enjoy this room!


More rooms to come in another post...we're working on getting a desk put together from IKEA (Ivy calls it Hy-kee) for our office, so I'll show you that room later and also our bedroom. We don't have bedroom furniture because we gave it to Mya so as soon as we have that, I'll post a pic. My mom was a huge help in getting this house put together as quickly as we did. Besides putting pictures on the walls, we're pretty much done. Errr wait. I forgot about.....



6 comments:

Julie said...

Love that kitchen! The house looks awesome! Hopefully you have time to relax soon once you are all settled!

Unknown said...

Looks great! I'm impressed how settled everything looks already! Been thinking about you a lot & we are glad the transition is going well!

Tracy said...

Your house looks awesome! Love the kitchen and all the kids rooms. The bonus room will be great. Can't believe how quickly you got it all together! Can't wait to come and visit!

Cassie said...

Your house looks beautiful! You guys have been working hard! Thanks for posting, and I am excited to see the rest!

Katie said...

The house looks beautiful!!! I love it! I hope you get some time soon to relax in your beautiful living room!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home! Thanks for posting!