Sunday, September 7, 2014

Random update

Thanks everyone for all of your well wishes with school starting! The week had many ups and downs, but thankfully by the end of the week there were more ups than downs! Hoping each week gets a little better. I feel like I'm in the car all the time with taking them to school, getting them for lunch a couple times a week and then picking them up after school! I know I will get used to it, but having had the bus the past 2 years, Ivy and I are feeling the pain from not having it any longer.

I was going through pictures on my phone and decided it may be time for an update other than my one photo a day. Lots of pictures get missed so I'll include them here!

In the neighborhood right next to ours, there is an ice skating rink. We decided to take the kids over one night and let Max and Mya practice rollerblading and hockey. Ivy got a new bike a few weeks ago, but has been too scared to ride it because of the slight (and I mean slight) decline on our driveway. So we thought the flat surface of the rink would give her some confidence and it definitely did!



Not sure when this will end, but one of the kids' favorite things to do when Chris gets home from work is wrestle. It's Chloe's least favorite activity though! I think she thinks Chris will hurt them or something.



Ivy had my phone one night when we were outside talking with the neighbors. She snapped this shot of Max with his hockey stick that I thought was pretty cool! The nights here in Edmonton are absolutely beautiful. The day can be rainy or gray and almost every night the sun comes out, the wind dies down and and I love it. Something about the evenings just make me happy here.



We had a few sprinkles one night while out for a bike ride/walk so I snapped a pic of this beautiful rainbow behind Ivy. Wish I could have gotten more of the rainbow, but you get the general idea.



We received this package in the mail on the first day of school. My amazing friends in Dubuque got together and sent a package filled with sunshine up to Edmonton. The timing was out of this world and every time I open my pantry, a smile goes on my face because now everything is yellow! This week was tough not being home....there would have been lots of playdate with moms and our littles for sure!




And lastly...my parents and sister are coming this week! Can't wait to see them all. An instagram friend posted this graphic last week and it pretty much sums up how I'm feeling! Also, look at how cute my niece is...Tara wanted to see if I could borrow a bouncy seat..I couldn't understand why. I will be holding her the entire time;)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have some sweet friends to send you a box of sunshine! Awesome! Enjoy your company this week!! ;)