I think why I'm so proud of Max for doing this is because it's not something I would have done in a million years. I just go through life trying not to stick out or putting myself in situations where things could go very wrong. Could be his age or his personality, but those kinds of things don't even cross his mind. Sometimes I'm not sure if he's 7 or 37. The other night we were eating at our very favorite restaurant, The Keg. We've been there two other times on special occasions, but last week we went just because Max really wanted to. When the waiter was taking our order Max had two choices (the hamburger sliders or the roast beef sliders) and so he asked the waiter which one he would prefer. Then after he got done placing his order, he said to the waiter, "excuse me, I didn't catch your name?" The waiter looked at Chris and me as if to say, Is this kid for real?
Last night during our dinner prayer he said something along the lines of thank you god for letting us come to Canada. I wasn't sure those words would ever come out of his mouth. I know if I told him we were moving back home, he would jump for joy and would be facetiming Sam and Owen and William in about .5 seconds, but the fact that he is happy and comfortable here makes me so so happy. He has definitely had a few moments the last few weeks that make me think he's starting to test the limits a bit with things he is saying, with what he's doing to his sisters, the signs that are going on his door, etc. but there are times when he still melts my heart. Like last night we were walking home from the neighbors house and Ivy fell off of her bike. He ran ahead, picked her up and started walking home with her. (I was pretty sure she was faking the injury so that's why I didn't drop everything and run, but I wasn't going to stop Max:)



3 comments:
<3 Love this! I am glad to hear all the transitions have been going more smoothly! He will look back on this part of his childhood and smile! You are giving them all such a gift as you travel and experience new things!
one of my all time favorite posts...
Oh Max! You are such an awesome kid and I hope you never lose your confidence in going before a crowd. Boy, we miss you guys and your kids.
Post a Comment