Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter

We had a nice Easter weekend. Of course we would have loved to have been home with family, but we made the most of being away. Saturday we went to what we thought was an Easter Egg hunt at Fort Edmonton Park. Turned out that's not what it was at all, but we weren't the only ones confused. Many people were carrying around empty Easter baskets with them! Anyway...we had never been to that park, so it was nice to see it. It was freeeeezing, which could have had something to do with us not having the most enjoyable time!



After the park, we came home to thaw out, watch some basketball and make a yummy bunny cake! my friend Emily sent me the recipe and we had a great time making/decorating it. Ivy has the sweetest tooth of anyone, so she didn't help much with the decorating...she mostly ate frosting and candy:)



Sunday we went to church and then had the most expensive brunch of all time (I considered asking for a doggy bag) and then came home to play with all of the Easter goodies that the bunny brought. The girls are really into Shopkins (don't ask me...I don't really understand, but they could spend hours playing with them) so there were lots of shopkins in their baskets. Max got pokemon cards and some legos. I'm so happy the bunny brought rainbow egg bubble gum...definitely my favorite Easter candy behind Starburst jelly beans (which they don't have in Canada btw). I ate about 30-40 pieces of gum and then immediately flossed and brushed my teeth. Next year I'm sure I'll do the same!



Later Sunday afternoon we headed over to our neighbors for a delicious Easter dinner. It was so nice of them to invite us and we had a wonderful time. This was the cake she made...it was to die for! We were pretty much in a food coma for the rest of Sunday and into Monday as well. Chris texted me when he got to work and said someone offered him a cupcake and he almost puked!



And lastly...Ivy wore the dress Mya wore for Easter in 2012 so I wanted to look back and find some photos. I came across some of my all time favorites so I had to re-post! Love the one with my Grandma:)

3 comments:

Julie said...

That cake you made is AMAZING! I'm going to need the recipe for that baby! And the cake with the kit-kats around it makes me drool. :) Looks like a great Easter!

Unknown said...

Great post and love the pic with Grandma

Tracy said...

Great pictures! So cute. I made that cake this year too! I tried it with a lemonade cake and it was gross. Box cake for me next year! Yours looks great!