Tuesday, April 7, 2015

March one-photo-a-day

Today is our first day back to normalcy after spring break! It was nice having the kids home this last week. It took us a few days to get in a groove of not having to have something to do every.single.second.of.the.day, but we got there and now I didn't want them to go back this morning! It was quite a long break...Mya asked me this morning if she would be going to grade 2 today or if she was still in grade 1! I'm looking forward to summer, but it will be awhile. We get out of school June 26th here! Here's what we were up to in March.


Day 60: Our first full day in Mexico! The kids saw the ocean for the first time and had some fun on the trampoline.
Day 61: Chris and Max made a pretty cool sea turtle sand castle.
Day 62: Happy 8th Birthday Maxwell! Pretty cool way to spend a birthday:)
Day 63: Three kiddos in swim shirts drinking frozen strawberry drinks!


Day 64: Family picture before dinner
Day 65: Thank goodness for the explorer's club! These two loved it.
Day 66: Last day in the sun for awhile!
Day 67: Home sweet home....it took a few days to dig out of the mountains of dirty laundry we had!


Day 68: Chloe is back where she belongs...in Max's bed while he's reading a dog book:)
Day 69: This day we had the kids' celebration of learning at school. They got to show us everything they've been working on and I saw this picture of Mya's 100 year old self. She pretty much described Grandpa Bill:)
Day 70: I got to spend my 35th birthday with these three hooligans and my awesome hubby!
Day 71: Ivy loves to crack ice...can't say that I blame her. I think it's pretty addicting too!


Day 72: Speaking of cracking ice...we had a beautiful Friday night so we had a little happy hour out on our driveway and Chris worked on cracking ice and making drains for all of the neighbors to get rid of the water that was pooling up!
Day 73: We had a fun afternoon at the muddy dog park! Chloe had a little too much fun and ended up pulling something in her leg and was limping for a few days, but she's back to normal.
Day 74: My least favorite "job". Since all bottles and cans (water bottles, gatorade, juice boxes, juice containers, etc.) are either a 10 or 25 cent deposit, it's worth it to take them back to the bottle depot. The problem is, the smell in there is horrendous. I usually take them back fairly often so I can hold my breath for the most part. This day I had two big bags. It took me close to 5 minutes to get the courgage to go inside. I got my $11.75 and went straight to Starbucks to reward myself.
Day 75: This guy came out of school looking like this. #toocoolforschool


Day 76: Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Day 77: Ivy's self portrait and autograph. She's getting really into letters and numbers so I'm going with it.
Day 78: Eating a green pepper like an apple! I guess there are worse snacks...
Day 79: We attended a school fundraiser at the big mall waterpark. It was a great time and these two girls couldn't get enough of jumping waves in the wave pool!


Day 80: One last trip to Target...the place was a wreck, but I got some good deals.
Day 81: Mya has been asking to do the Easy Bake Oven for at least 6 months so we finally got it out while Chris and Max were skiing. It's so much work for such a little end result. Oh well...we'll put it away for another 6 months now!
Day 82: Hopefully this is one of the last times they are out playing in the snow!
Day 83: 90% of the time I am type B. Every once in awhile some type A comes out and this was one of those times. Max started this puzzle and I couldn't stop until it was finished!


Day 84: If you want a break...give your toddler a bowl with some vinegar and baking soda and it should buy you an hour.
Day 85: I looked out at my girls having a wrestling match on the trampoline. Pretty sure Ivy ended up winning!
Day 86: First park day of 2015!
Day 87: This night we went out to dinner at Red Robin. That was one of our favorite restaurants in Dubuque so it felt like home! Only difference was in Dubuque they handed out balloons when you left!


Day 88: Ran across this saying on facebook and I really loved it.
Day 89: We had an Easter Egg hunt with the neighbor kids and it was a big success!
Day 90: We met Chris for lunch and stopped by his office to visit afterwards!


No comments: