Max played two songs at his recital. Away in a Manger and Jolly Old St. Nicholas. He is enjoying piano lessons a lot...the actual lesson part that is. The practice part...not so much. After the recital, Mya declared that she is ready to start playing piano and has basically self-taught up to the point Max is at after a few months of lessons:)
The kids helping with Christmas cards. Since postage is so expensive here, I got the cards all labeled and sent them to my mom in Decorah and she mailed them out with U.S. Postage. I didn't put a return address label on any of them because I wasn't sure what to put! I thought people would be confused if I put our Edmonton address, but with only one U.S. stamp.
Here's Miss Ivy in the sweater Chris's mom made for Max 5 or 6 years ago. I love that all three kids have worn it and it's still in great shape! Definitely something that will be passed on to the next generation. We listened to her church songs in the car for weeks and she had them down, but when it came time to get up on the stage, she froze. I ended up going on the stage with her and she looked at me and sang the songs. Oh well...
We did some baking over the weekend! Chris took over baking cut outs with the kids while I worked on some Finnish Sweet Bread. It's a recipe that has been passed down in Chris's mom's family for years so we decided to give it a try and it went well! The kids said it passed the test and two loaves were gone in no time. (The 3rd is in the freezer for a surprise treat!)
After the church stage debacle, I was a little worried about Ivy's preschool performance, but turned out I had nothing to worry about. She did great and had no problems getting up on stage with her class! They sang Feliz Navidad and if you were with us over Christmas, you heard this a minimum of 30 times. She loved to belt that song out!
Max and Mya go to an absolutely amazing school. This year instead of a traditional Christmas concert, they put on a choreographed dance show. I loved every minute of it and had tears in my eyes multiple times. Both Max and Mya enjoyed it and were very focused on their dance and making sure they did it perfectly. At the end, the whole school (515 students) got up and sang/danced to We Wish you a Merry Christmas (with a large percentage of students who are not Christian) It was awesome and the entire place loved it.
Since we didn't fly out until Monday, Dec 21st, we had a quiet weekend at home to do our own Christmas. We did our usual Christmas Eve Chinese take-out, opened gifts we bought for each other and got everything ready for Santa! We wrote him a note and asked if he could come early and he delivered:) I didn't take many pictures, but the big hits were the Barbie Dream House the girls got and Max's REV car thing and his Heely shoes with wheels.
It's blurry, but you can get the idea of how happy he was to get shoes with wheels! He saw them when we were school shopping in August and wanted them so badly, but kind of forgot about them after that. That Santa is always listening...even when school shopping months before Christmas!:)



No comments:
Post a Comment