Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Trip home part 1!!

We left Edmonton on Friday July 29th. I had intentions of doing a few errands that morning, but a trip to the orthodontist to fix a broken wire prevented those errands so I called Chris's parents and had them pick up what I needed and we still hit the road only 30 minutes after I originally wanted! We had a super easy two day drive to the cabin. Kids, dog and weather all were great.





We pulled into the cabin around 6pm on Saturday night just in time for a delicious meal! Jeff had gotten there that day too and was able to be there the whole time we were there which we loved!

The kids swam so much...I couldn't even being to count how many times they got in and out of the lake. The water was warm and they are gaining lots of confidence swimming. We got out on the sunfish sailboat a few times and even got the old fishing boat out with the 5 horsepower engine and toured around the lake a bit. The kids had a blast. Jeff and Chris declared it to be the last summer without a boat:)

The only bad thing was the mosquitoes....I have never seen them so bad. It was hard to be outside if you weren't in the water. We had to say goodbye inside the cabin...it was too awful to stand out in the yard! Despite those pesky things, we had a wonderful start to our trip! Enjoy some pictures!


                                      water gun fight in the lake below! Sure makes it easier to refill!


Mya wake boarding on a boogie board below! After this was when Chris and Jeff decided a boat is a must! 













one of many late night swims below! 


ouch! Mya got eaten alive...I think she said she ended up with 70 some bites. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your pics are amazing...so cool! And your kiddos are so brave! We can barely get Kate in a tube! :)