One of the things I love most about our school is that they let the kids dress up and dedicate half of the school day to fun Halloween parties. They do parades around the school, dance in the gym and then spend the rest of the day doing fun activities relating to the holiday in their classrooms. All of the teachers dress up and the kids love it.
Here's Ivy waving to me during her parade around the school!
Mya wore her orange Iowa shirt and pumpkin earrings to school for the morning and wanted a pic:)
This is our 3rd Halloween in Edmonton and have gone trick-or-treating with our neighbors each year. Chris and I both go out with the kids because neither of us wants to miss it! We try to get back and hand out candy to the late ones if we can. Chris loves going out with the kids so much that he took a red-eye flight to Toronto last night for a 9:00am meeting this morning! That's dedication:) This year for costumes we had a ware-wolf, the shopkin Lippy lips and an 80's rock star. Funny side story...nobody at school knew what Mya was and it hurt her feelings. Then last night everyone answering the door trick-or-treating knew what she was. I told her it was because they were all alive in the 80's and she thought that was hilarious!!:) It was pretty cold (between 35-40 degrees) but no wind so we made it a lot longer than I thought we would!



No comments:
Post a Comment