Today is your birthday! Your dad, Max, Mya and I cannot believe our baby Ivy is 5 years old already! You are one of a kind and everybody loves you so much. You can light up a room when you enter and you can melt the hearts of everyone you come in contact with. When daddy and I took Max and Mya to Disneyworld in 2013 (Mya was 4 1/2 and Max was one week shy of 6), they asked when we could go back with you. I told them before you turned 5. So in order to keep my promise we went to Disneyland on the last two days you were 4! Today we're in San Diego with Tara, Tony, Quinn and Shae.
What you're like these days..you are in half day kindergarten and loving it. You are starting to know letter sounds and are pretending to read. Your teacher is amazing and you are a good friend to all. Speaking of friend...you love to make friends with people wherever we are. Mya and I usually just roll our eyes when we're somewhere new because your first goal is to find some little kid and "make friends" with them. It's pretty cute and I'm thankful you have that kind of a personality. We had parent/teacher conferences last week and you got a rave review overall..just need to work on choosing a good place to sit on the carpet and maybe not by your favorite friend all the time. You love playing with Mya and her friends at recess. When you were sick one day last week, Mya said she was so sad not to see you at morning recess! I love that you're still home with me in the afternoons. You do gymnastics one of those afternoons, but otherwise we're home together for one more year.
You say some pretty cute things. The other night daddy was tucking you in and you said "goodnight little boy" to him:) You also call Netflix "neckflix" and I smile every single time. I love when you make cute mistakes like that and I have to make sure Max and Mya don't tell you what's right! Mya has a really hard time not telling you you've made a mistake. You are a true love bug. You can give love like nobody else in this world. In fact we have had to have lots of talks about what is appropriate in public with kissing your family members. Mya told me you were trying to kiss her on the lips at recess! We have some good laughs at your expense and wouldn't change you for the world.
You are 43 inches and 41 pounds. You are wearing lots of size 6/7 hand me downs from Mya...so basically the whole clothes storing bins are a thing of the past for us. Clothes just go straight from Mya's drawers to yours! You hate getting your hair combed and you hate floss. You still can't get the meal order straight and you know the names of more shopkins than I care to admit. You still love dad and I to sit with you in your room until you fall asleep. We have tried stopping 100 times, but we just somehow keep getting roped into doing it again. You don't have a show that you are really into...you love to watch cookie swirl c on you tube and I can't seem to figure out why.
We sure love our Iverson and are so happy you are in our family!
Love, Mommy
11/11/11
11/11/12
11/11/13
11/11/14
11/11/15
A 11/11/16
Pic coming soon;)







No comments:
Post a Comment