Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympic spirit

We've got Olympic fever here at the Hoden household. This quote came directly from Chris's mouth today.."If we're going to make our kids into Olympians, we need to start young." He was outside building them a luge track as he said this and followed it up with "Do you think we should buy the lot behind us?"

Winter has always been Chris's favorite season. He grew up in Minnesota so he has been doing the whole winter sports thing for years and is bound and determined that our kids will as well. For his sake, I sure hope they do because it's definitely not my favorite thing. In fact, Chris is working/volunteering at the local ski hill this winter. (I call it work/volunteer because he is being paid, but it's less per hour than we give our 13 year old babysitter:)Friday night he worked from 9:00 p.m. until 3 a.m. teaching lessons and doing hill patrol and helping kids who fell.

Not that Chris wasn't a good dad when our kids were babies, but as they get older, he's starting to really get into this parenting thing. He took both kids out yesterday and I had some alone time in the house drinking cappuccino and watching dvr shows! He turns into a big kid when he's outside playing with them in the snow. They built two snowmen...a Daddy snow man and a Max snow man. Then, Chris built the luge track for sledding and they did it over and over and over and over (you get my point) again! Notice both of the snowmen have Minnesota sports hats. He's trying so hard to keep that MN pride while living in Iowa.

All I know is Max and Mya are pretty lucky to have the Daddy that they do:) Here are a few pictures from the fun day in the snow!







4 comments:

Julie said...

Super cute pictures!!! What a good daddy and volunteer--staying up until 3 am in the cold! Looks like you may have some Olympians on your hands. :)

Kel said...

How fun that one of you likes winter...Lainey definitely has two parents that would prefer any season other than winter. Looks like the kids and Chris had lots of fun!

Kelly Escorcia said...

I'm right there with you Chris, in loving all that winter has to offer and all the winter fun, so I too feel the same in wanting my kids to grow up doing the same things that I did as a kid. I love that you make it so fun for them to enjoy the snowy weather building snowmen and the luge. That's awesome! AND that's so great that Chris is working/volunteering on the slopes.

Beth said...

So much fun!!!!! Looks like everyone was having a great time!!! Love it!