I've had lots of people e-mail me and ask how Chris's dad did in the election, so thanks so much for your interest! Unfortunately, he lost the election to the incumbent. He gave it everything he had and was on the phone reminding supporters to vote up until the last minute! I saw someone posted a comment on his facebook page which pretty much sums up my feelings too. Congrats on a well run campaign. You never know if you don't try...
David didn't have much time to reflect on the election, because Chris's mom had wrist surgery the next day! She was hanging some curtains and took a fall (damn crocs) and it was a pretty severe break. She has some plates and screws and lots of pain! He has switched gears pretty quickly into Linda's full time nurse:) I may even be learning to make a pie this Thanksgiving because it's pretty hard to make the traditional Thanksgiving favorite Apple pie with lattice crust and a drizzle of caramel with only one functional hand!
Back here on the home front...things are going fine. Chris and I went to Max's first preschool conferences last week! It was surreal. We couldn't believe we were at this point in our lives already! The conference went really well. He scored all "S" which was satisfactory and some of the teacher comments were really nice. I learned some things about Max that I didn't know...like that he doesn't require assistance to zip his coat. WHAT???? How come he can't do that at home? (Could it be because I don't give him enough time? Surely not:) Apparently Max's favorite centers are the writing center, the blocks and the tractors. I sensed that because every time I pick him up from school his backpack is full of papers he has colored. The best part of the conference was the teacher telling us what a joy Max is in class and that he is definitely ready to be there.
Mya has decided to go from 1-2 word phrases to sentences in about 2 weeks time. She hasn't stopped since and she only has one voice...LOUD! We are butting heads a little more than normal these days. I have to say the words "I am in charge" about 20times a day! She can pull out every stall tactic in the book before going down for a nap or bed. For awhile it was taking me 30 minutes to get her down for both! Finally I remembered that I do have control of this and we went down to 1 book, 2 songs and a back rub before nap. Then at night she gets 3 books, 2 songs, 1 hug, 1 drink of water and a back rub. No more tucking babies in, 30 hugs, 10 million rounds of twinkle twinkle, etc.
This weekend we went to Cedar Falls to say good-bye to Joe, Tracy, Tate, Adria and Troy before they move to Augusta, GA with john Deere. We're hoping to get down to see them sometime next spring! I think it will be an overnight trip:)
After leaving Cedar Falls, Max and I went to Marshalltown for the Iowa High School Girls state swim meet. Hannah and Mary Kathryn (the twins I bb sat from the time they were 2) are seniors this year and have both had excellent swimming careers so I wanted to see their last meet! They had an outstanding meet. Hannah placed 2nd in 2 individual events and in one relay. H and MK teamed up to place 6th in a relay so they got to stand on the podium together which was really neat to see. Chris and I are really hoping to get at least one of them to Loras next year:) I'll even do their laundry!
I haven't been taking many pictures lately, but Mya has! Sometime I'll do a post with all of her and Max's photography! It's pretty interesting what they take photos of!



2 comments:
Cheers to Gpa Hoden! Love the campaign pics with the kiddos ;~)
Loved your update Beth and it sounds like Max is doing just perfect in preschool. Yay! And Mya reminds me of Ava at her age. I laughed when I read the part where you tell Mya that your in charge. I use to have to say that to Ava often, as well. I'm right there with ya on the bed time routine too. Your pictures of Mya are adorable. Kelly
Post a Comment