Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa, Snow and Spritz!

We had a nice day yesterday knowing that we had no place to go! It's amazing how much closer you watch the weather forecast when you have to be on the road or someone you know has to be on the road. We went to see Santa at the mall yesterday morning before the snow started. I knew Max would be a fan, but I wasn't sure about Mya. She ended up loving him (from 2-3 ft away)! Max asked for a walkie talkie bear (no clue what that is..not sure Santa knew either) Mya of course asked for babies! I told Chris we need to get her a baby even though she has 20 already. I don't know if a nearly 2 1/2 year old knows how to feel disappointment, but if it's possible, she will feel it if she doesn't open a baby for Christmas. It's all she talks about! Chris and I got a good laugh out of Max. Right before he saw Santa he told us what he was going to "order". I guess we must talk internet shopping too much around him:) Sorry...no pictures with Santa. The cheapest package was $14.99 and the only way you could take any with your own camera was if you bought the package. We didn't buy it out of principle.

After coming home we put Mya to bed and started in on some Christmas baking! Chris took the spritz cookies and after realizing that 1 stick of butter does not equal 1 cup of butter....they turned out great:) Max and I worked on holly wreaths, nutter butter reindeer and rice krispy bars with caramel in the middle. We're going to do a few more today and hopefully find people to give them all away to!





By this time the snow was coming down like cats and dogs and all the neighbors were outside building snowmen, so we joined them. Well....I mostly took pictures and Chris joined them:) Max could be outside in the snow for hours. I swear the kid doesn't feel cold. We have to beg him to come in and usually it's kicking and screaming we get in return. Now I just need to remember to have him go potty before he goes outside! Mya could take it or leave it. She gets really uncomfortable out there in the elements and is almost afraid to take steps in the snow once she gets cold. Who knows...maybe I'll have a friend in the ski chalet when we go on family ski trips:)





our 2 headed snowman!

1 comment:

Kel said...

You guys are troopers for being out in that cold and snow! The cookies are beautiful and Lainey loved the two-headed snowman.