After Chris had gone back into her room 2 more times, he passed the wand to me. She tried pulling out all the original tactics, but she wasn't getting anywhere so then she pulled out the big ones. She told me she had a headache and needed a vitamin. So, I let her have a vitamin. Then she proceeded to ask me to sing Happy Birthday to her and everyone else that she could think of. And to top it off....she asked to get her fingernails cut. I'm not joking. This kid is out of control and if Chris and I didn't laugh about it, we'd be in the insane asylum. Check out her hair. She rubs her hair all night (when I'm not with her) so this is what it looks like first thing in the morning. We think if actually fits her pretty well.
I'm guessing some of you blog readers have heard something like this before. I'm interested to hear them! Leave a comment if your kid(s) have any good ones up their sleeves!



6 comments:
Wow - I can't relate (yet) but my time is coming. I can say, though, that my boys would love Mya's Dora PJ's. Thanks to a Dora book my sister got them, Dora is a Goddess in our home. I've tried repeatedly to promote Diego but I'm not having any success. Oh well. Thanks for the giggles.
I remember when I would set my alarm for 2am on a school night... walk upstairs to Mom and Dad's room and tell them I wasn't feeling well. then, if I was lucky (and my chances were greater) I wouldn't have to go to school the next day.
I think i've been sick 10 times in my life.. and 9 of them were fake.
look forward to the next few years. i'll be sure to let Mya in on all my secrets.
Oh my gosh - Beth, I just about peed myself when I got to her asking for her nails to be cut! What a stinker! I love it though, maybe one day she will be VP of Sales somewhere with all of her tactics! Love it!
Beth, I loved your post. Ava was, and still is (somewhat), just like Mya with her bedtime routine. Good news - It gets better over time! Kel
P.S. Beth, this has to be about the 4th or 5th time we've ended up choosing the same blog background. Great minds think alike! :)
The meanest parents in Asbury cut off all fun bedtime routines if we feel like we are being taken advantage of. We read an agreed upon number of stories and will accept one I have to pee or get a drink. If it drags on too long, they don't get their 30 seconds of a parent laying with them. We had to streamline the process significantly once we were outnumbered by kids.
Post a Comment