Thursday, January 13, 2011

Part Dog/Part Cat?

Growing up we had cats. Well...really to be honest only one cat made it at our house. All the others had to be sent to the "farm." However, Raisin Cream Pie Huinker (named after the California Raisins at Hardees) was our beloved cat for at least 12 years, maybe more. We still have no idea what happened to her, so we choose to have happy thoughts about where she is. Anyway...I used to love to make this cat purr. So much that I'd take the liner out of my "hip" Columbia winter jacket and let her sleep on it in order to keep her in my room. She purred so loud when I got my coat out and I secretly loved it.

I highly doubt we'll ever get a cat around these parts, but my dog is starting to fill that void in my life. Check out a couple of these pictures Chris has snapped lately.




I'm not joking...I think I heard her purr the other day. Chris heard it too so he can verify that I'm not going insane. And yes..I'm sleeping on the bumblebee pillow pet:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

First, I just had a major flashback about the California raisins! :) Loved those things. Great pictures of Chloe with you all...I love the dog sleeping with us, it's like a large stuffed animal that keeps us warm!

Kel said...

Oh, I want a dog. We had Libby when I was growing up and Chloe reminds me so much of her. Golden retrievers are great! Cute sleeping pics!