Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Superhero Max Saves the City by: Max Hoden

Max has written his first book! A couple days ago he asked for some tape and construction paper. After a few minutes I asked him what he was doing and he replied that he was making a book! I helped a little with the assembly and then he told me what the book said. I wrote as fast as I could. Here it is in his own words:

(pg.1) Once a very long time ago a superhero named Max was trying to stop the rain so we could go outside. Supermax saved the whole city from the storm cloud rain!

(pg. 2) Then Superhero Max wanted to save the whole city from the monster car chasing away from himself.

(pg. 3) Once a very long time ago Max Hoden wanted to be a superhero to lift the whole city up. One afternoon a monster came running by and the superhero throwed him down on the hard street.

The End.

Not bad for his first book I'd say. Not exactly sure about page 2, but it makes sense to him:) I was looking for this book last night when the kids were in bed to write this blog, but I couldn't find it anywhere. This morning I asked him if he knew where his book was and he said, "Yeah...it's where books belong mom. On my bookshelf!" Indeed it was right on his bookshelf mixed in with the other books. The kid couldn't be prouder.

No illustrations yet with this book, but when there are some I'll scan and post them. I also don't have any pictures to go with this post, so I'll post one of Max reading when he was 10 months old:)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Max is an author with an awesome story, too! I know he'll write many more. I'm glad he's proud of his first book...I am.
Gma Linda

ahuinker said...

Max's English teacher auntie couldn't be more proud!

Kel said...

Come on! That is just about the sweetest thing in the world. I can't wait to see the pictures to go with the text.