1. Mya is sleeping in her big girl bed now. How did we do it? No idea. She does things when she wants to. We've had it set up in her room for over a month now, but one night a week or so ago she decided it was time. She has been doing great although she ends up on the floor a lot. Doesn't seem to bother her, so it doesn't bother me! Her dad disagrees...he always moves her back to her bed:) Knock on wood, but her naps have been better than before! We don't even have to read books and do the entire bedtime routine with her before nap anymore. She does still have to change into pj's:(
2. Max had his 4 year check up. He's a healthy little boy and answered all the questions correct..even if they were a little tricky! The doctor asked him what the rules are for crossing the street and he said "only with mom and dad" which was the right answer. Doc said many kids answer "look both ways" but they're not old enough to make that decision themselves. He weighed in at 38 lbs and was 41 inches tall. Both are 75%.
3. The other day was Max's first experience with hail. The next day we were walking otuside and he said, "Mom, be careful. There are some hay bales still on the sidewalk!"
4. Mya will call you out if you mis-speak. The other night Chris was putting her to bed and he said, "good night buddy". She made sure to point out that she was NOT a buddy, but rather a princess:)
5. We took the kids to get new shoes last weekend. They were measured and Mya has two feet that are different sizes. One is a 6 and the other is 6 1/2. Hope it evens out soon!
6. Mya is obsessed with changing her clothes. Aside from putting locks on her drawers, I have no control over this. She will randomly go missing and come out a few minutes later with a swim suit on, pajamas, pretty dress, etc. It drives me absolutely nuts because I know I end up washing some of these clothes that get worn for 2 minutes and end up on her floor. Today she told me she wasn't going to wear pants...just her legs. btw...if any of you have suggestions for how to stop this, I'm all ears.
7. Mya also has a very keen sense of smell (like someone else I know...:) If you don't want her to eat something, you'd better not have it yourself and go within breathing distance of her for at least 10 minutes. She'll call you out and demand whatever it is you have be it gum, chips, candy, etc.
Sorry no pictures to go with this post...just keeping myself above water enough to write the blog!
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Glad you taught me about crossing the street "with mom and dad." We teach to look both ways...I'll start doing it that way! My answer to the clothes changing--I put a limit--only 2 times a day. Once I started doing this, Mallory stopped changing so often and now doesn't do it hardly at all each day! But, it means more work for us of course! :) Cute update...the kids sound so fun!
your posts always make my day......I second number 6 & 7!
Post a Comment