Tuesday, December 6, 2011

News and Notes

Sorry for the lack of updates, but things are pretty busy around here lately! Chris and I are pretty much exhausted, but overall things are going well. Here's a little rundown of some things that have been happening around here.

Mya's big news is that she no longer wears a diaper at night! She decided that once we brought Ivy home she was no longer a "baby" and didn't need diapers. Last night was the first night we let her go to bed without one on and she did great. She woke up at midnight to go potty and then made it dry the rest of the night. It kind of stinks that she's getting up in the night (along with our other daughter who gets up 3-4 times per night) but it's part of the deal I guess:) Bottom line--if you want your kid to give up diapers at night...just have a baby! Easy as that!

I did some shopping on Sunday and came home to Mya laying on the couch sound asleep! See picture below:) She must have needed a nap that day.



Chris and I apparently need to do a little better job with teaching Max the true meaning of Christmas. The other day as we were walking into HyVee, he asked if he could have the red salvation army pot for Christmas. I thought for sure I misunderstood him so I said, "do you mean you want to put some money in the pot for Christmas?" He said, "No, I want that pot for Christmas." Yikes.

Ivy is doing really well despite having her days and nights a touch confused. She is now in her own room which is a really big step for me. Our other kids were in our room for 4 months! She is a really loud sleeper so we were not getting any sleep even when she was asleep! She has decided lately that 10pm would be a great time to wake up for the day. It's nice in a way because M&M are asleep so we can enjoy our baby, but it's also tough because I'm way past tired by 10pm! Other things about Ivy...she hates to be naked and cold. If you walked into the bathroom when we're giving her a bath, you might think you walked into a sauna. We have the space heater set on high. Max and Mya refuse to brush their teeth when the heater is on because it's so hot! When we take her out of the tub, we immediately wrap her in her towel and then an adult towel over top of that and her little lip still quivers! She is getting really big really fast. We had her at the doctor on her 2 week birthday for a recheck of her bilirubin level and she was 8lb 3oz (7-14 at birth) Then, we had her in for her 2 week check a couple of days later and she was already 8lb 10oz! No wonder the newborn clothes don't fit anymore:(



Mya still is head over heels in love with her little sis. I hear "Her want me to hold her" at least 50 times a day. She is the pacifier police and loves to hold Ivy on her shoulder. Max is enjoying her as well, but at much smaller doses:) He is ready to give her back as soon as she makes the tiniest of squawks!





That's about all for the update! I hope to do more news and notes posts because I have not opened up Ivy's baby book yet! I think this blog might be the only way we can look back and remember what she was like as a baby!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my! Ivy is SOOOO cute! Love all the pictures and it's great you are all doing so well (despite the lack of sleep!) Can't wait to see you!

Julie said...

Ivy is so pretty! Mallory potty trained right when I brought Brady home from the hospital....! Makes it a little more crazy, but worth it in the end! Glad you guys are doing good, hope you can catch up on that sleep over the holidays when family is around! (right, some nice grandparent will stay up?!)

Anton, Amanda, and Eliana Peng said...

This is my first time on in months! I just wanted to say congratulations! Ivy is beautiful and it looks like the entire family is adjusting very well! Congratulations and Happy Holidays!

Annie said...

Wow, Beth! Cute cute cute!!!! I'm impressed you have been able to update. I go in spurts with my blog.....it's been 6 months since I posted (and, Caroline is 6 months! Corelation!?)
anyhow,
take care,
and thank you for the sweet message on fb. I know, I can't believe I've made it 6 months! All 4 girls get their flu vaccines on Saturday so I think we'll be safe in that arena, and I can ease off a little----I'm getting so behind on EVERYTHING because of it!! (but I totally don't want to give it up!)
Hugs,
Annie

nursmadeline said...

Thanks for the updates - we sure think about you often! Ivy is so sweet - she isn't big at all compared to my kids - 9 lbs by 2 weeks, 10 by 4:) I am looking to you for tips on the transition to 3 - we are not far behind!

nursmadeline said...

Sorry - I forgot my name doesn't show - it's Jenny Hierlinger:)

Kelly Escorcia said...

So cute and how fun that the kids are doing so well with Ivy, especially Mya. Funny about the kids not wanting to brush their teeth in the sauna of a bathroom.