Sunday, December 11, 2011

One month old!

Today Ivy turned 1 month old! On one hand it's hard to believe she has been with us for a month, but then on the other hand it's hard to remember life without her! We've only forgotten about her once and it was for about 10 seconds when we got inside and realized she was still in the car! I don't think she has totally ruined Max and Mya's lives like I feared. Although Max told me Friday, as I was putting the car seat in the car, that he hoped we could sell that car seat when Ivy was done because he didn't want any more kids in our family:) We are very lucky to have her and like Max and Mya have both said, "I think she likes it here:)"

She is growing like a weed and has gotten her days and nights switched back around. She has been doing some longer-ish stretches at night (3-4 hours) which is awesome by my (low) standards. Amazing how good you can feel with 4 straight hours of sleep! She has started to dislike the car seat a little bit more this last week. We've had to pull over a couple of times on the way to/from preschool. It's not me that can't handle the crying..it's her big bro and sis who can't take it! The Christmas trip North could be interesting!

I'm a softie when it comes to thumb suckers. The other day when Ivy was doing some tummy time I caught her with her thumb in her mouth. I know it's the worst thing for your kid, but I am secretly hoping Ivy is a thumb sucker:) Well..it's not really a secret anymore huh!



Still no real smiles, but I did include a picture that looks like she's smiling below. It was probably just gas:) It bugs me that I cut off her foot in that picture so I included another one too. Not much else to report. 1 month is kind of boring I guess! Stay tuned for 2 through 12 for more exciting updates!


2 comments:

Kelly Escorcia said...

Wow! That went fast and Ivy is just adorable. I'm glad Max and Mia think Ivy's liking it at the Hoden house.

Tracy said...

She is so cute! She has really filled out! That's funny that you forgot about her! Totally happened to us to (a couple of times)!