Monday, December 19, 2011

The weekend is over...whew!

I usually don't say crazy things like "Man, I'm glad that weekend is over!" However, this time it's true:) Max got the stomach flu on Friday night. I knew it would hit us eventually. Almost everyone we've been around has had it. I'm very thankful that this was the first time Chris and I have dealt with vomit since we've become parents. We've had the occassional puke from coughing too much, but food has never come back up. Max ended up sleeping on a cot in our bathroom Friday and Saturday nights. We only had 2 messes to clean up, so he did really well despite wondering what in the heck was happening to him! He was super sweet with his comments. At one point on Friday he told me I didn't need to hug him because he might get me sick:) Then, Saturday night he told me "I just can't handle this anymore!" (as he was bending over the toilet) It was so cute. So far no one else in the family has gotten sick. If it happens, I hope it does today or tomorrow so our Christmas plans don't get messed up!

I didn't really have Christmas baking in me this year, so I opted for decorating a ginger bread house instead! It started with the kids and I and quickly moved to Chris and the kids once Ivy started getting fussy and I got frustrated with the ginger bread kit:) They really enjoyed it and didn't even realize they could eat the candy and frosting until about halfway in! Once they did, Mya's candy didn't last long:) Luckily, Max's tummy was a little queezy still so he shared his with her. Here are some pictures! (and yes...the kids are still in pajamas and this was done at 4pm!)





Ivy is doing well. She is kind of difficult to get to sleep at night, but once she's asleep she wakes up around 1:30 and 6 so it's not too bad at all. Like our other two kids, she prefers to sleep on her tummy. I've been letting her sleep on her tummy during the day and then she does okay on her back at night when she's in the tighest swaddle you can imagine! She has started smiling some, but it's not too regular yet. I'm guessing in the next couple of weeks it will become more and more! Good timing for Christmas.



I think Ivy looks so much like Max in the picture below!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I have tummy sleepers over here too! :) Sounds like she is doing great.....and I am amazed you haven't had throw up in your life until now! Glad Max got through it and I love his comments! Merry Christmas! Loved your Christmas card.

Tracy said...

Hope no one else gets sick! We haven't had it here yet either. Our time is coming! Ivy is sweet- hope I get to see her next week!