Max discovered the fatbooth app a couple weekends ago thanks to Uncle Jeff. He had a blast with it and thank goodness has forgotten about it because it was getting really annoying! Here are he and Mya. Max has some girl scout cookies on his mouth in the picture which is quite fitting:)


Both Max and Mya finished round 1 of swimming lessons tonight at the Y. It was Mya's first swimming lessons and she passed "Pike" with flying colors. She can blow bubbles, attempt 5 bobs, front/back float with a belt, push off wall and swim w/o help, put face in water while swimming, front/back paddle with belt 5 yards w/o help, and kick with the kick board 5 yards! Max passed the "Ray" level and can front/back float, front/back crawl without help 5 yards, elementary backstroke with help (think farmer, airplane soldier:), jump into the deep end and swim to side, jump in and swim 5 yards and dive (sort of)! Pretty impressive resumes for a 3 and almost 5 year old! I have a few really good videos on my iPhone, but I'm not sure how to get them off of the phone and onto this blog, so stay tuned for those...
Santa brought the kids new desks for Christmas because he saw how frustrated I got with picking up clippings/markers/crayons/paper/tape all over the floor. He thought if they had a desk, they would keep their stuff on the desk and it would make my life easier. He was WRONG.
Tonight after swimming, Max and Mya were in the tub and I was getting Ivy ready for bed. It sounded like they were having fun, but I had no idea how much fun they were having until I went to check on them and they had dumped an almost full bottle of aveeno baby wash in the tub because they wanted bubbles. I was mad at first and told them I was going to take the money out of their piggy banks to pay for a new one, but then I got the camera out and took some pictures:)
Since the camera was already in the bathroom, I couldn't resist snapping a shot of my little Ivy while she was in the bathtub:)
One more cute thing....yesterday one of our babysitters Morgan was over at our house and Mya went up to her and said, "Do you know my cousin Jake?" (first off, Jake is our neighbor, not our cousin) Morgan said "No." Mya then replied, "Cause you gots the same teeth as him." (both have braces:)



3 comments:
Love the fat booth! :) Sounds like you have some good swimmers on your hands--we have taken swimming at our YMCA, but have not gotten a detailed report like yours! I didn't even know you could pass...that's Ottumwa for ya! Love the bubbles--we've had that problem as well..but I can't get too mad since I then can get something done while they are playing. :) Cheap entertainment.
Love, Julie
Cute bath pics, Beth!
Oh, the paper scraps all over the floor. What a familiar sight. I think I'm going to send Carson for some swim lessons with Mya & Max! They sounds like awesome swimmers! Carson just started lessons at the rec center, Alaska was lacking for pools... we're hoping he's a fast learner! And super cute picts of kids!
Post a Comment