She loves to eat baby food. Her favorites are apples, pears and prunes for fruit. Green beans, peas, sweet potatoes and carrots for vegetables. We think she might be allergic to squash because she broke out after eating it. She does not care for bananas and peaches which really surprises me because I think they taste the best!
Ivy is a super happy baby between the hours of 6am and 7pm. She will go to anyone and smiles almost non-stop. Max and Mya are still the best at making her laugh. She loves to be outside, go for stroller walks and isn't even that bad in the car. In fact...we occasionally use the car to get her to go to sleep! If you knew our other two kiddos when they were babes, you'd think it was crazy too that a kid would actually enjoy being in a car seat so much that they could fall asleep!
Nighttime isn't going so well these days. We decided it was going to be time to let her cry it out about a month ago and since then she has had 2 ear infections and has puked the other two times we've tried to let her cry it out. So...looks like we'll be going to plan B. (we're not sure what plan B entails just yet so stay tuned...:) It's making it really hard to get a babysitter because we have no idea what she's going to be like going to bed and she has decided in the last two weeks that bottles aren't for her so it has been rough.
Hope the next 5 don't go as fast as the last 7! Enjoy a few pictures from our very expressive little girl:)



6 comments:
Happy 7 months, Ivy! I love these pictures of her! Hope you guys have a great week :)
She's pretty cute! I also love it when they can sit up but not crawl! I hope Sage stays at this stage for a while too! :)
Sleep is tough - I found a lot of good tips/ideas in this book: http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Ladys-Good-Night-Tight/dp/1593155581/ref=la_B001K86VYK_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339512445&sr=1-1
If that link doesn't work, just check Amazon for: "Good night, Sleep Tight the Sleep Lady's guide to..." etc.
We followed it religiously for Claire, more loosely for Lise, and have adapted some of the ideas for Sage, but it definitely helped inform my ideas about baby/kid sleep and helped them a lot.
I like that it's a middle of the road book between letting them scream it out (which I'm not necessarily against, I just don't believe it works for all babies) and letting your child sleep in your bed (and nurse) until they're 12 years old, which I am against... at least for me personally!! ha! :)
Good luck!!!
Kate C.
Simply adorable and I love Ivy's 7 month update. That went fast.
I love this stage too! Kate is just a day younger than Ivy & is so much fun right now!
Cohen started having that problem around 6 months and we're still battling it from time to time. A big culprit for C was a dairy allergy. I didn't realize it until he was off dairy formula and on soy. When we went back to dairy, it was back to the same thing of crying `100 times before finally sleeping at 11 or midnight. Then he'd get up several times the rest of the night. Brutal, I know. Just something to think about...
Post a Comment