Saturday, August 18, 2012

9 months, 1 week



I'm a bit behind on blogging these days, but it's not really my fault! We made the big switch from mediacom to directv a couple of weeks ago and somehow do not have Internet anymore! Chris got the wireless hooked up but apparently to get the desktop hooked up is going to take some drilling and since he is basically doing 2 jobs right now, hooking up Internet is not a huge priority! anyway....so this blog is being written on my iPad which I do not like to do a lot of typing on, but I wanted to get this post up before Ivy is 10 months old! Here goes....

Ivy is currently 18 pounds even which is about a pound heavier than Mya at 9 months and exactly a pound lighter than Max at 9 months! She's in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. She is in size 3 diapers, mostly 12 month clothes and does not care for shoes! She is a super happy camper during the day. She is down to 2 naps per day and is getting lots better at bedtime! Middle of the night is still a different story but we haven't really tackled that situation yet but I know we'll get there.

She LOVES all baby food (acts like a little baby bird when she sees the spoon) and is getting better with finger food. Currently she can do cheerios and puffs without gagging and puking! Progress:) Ivy is a super fast crawler....we didn't think anyone could out-crawl Mya but she's awfully close! She has also started letting go of things she is standing by and stands alone for 5-10 seconds. I'm not happy about this at all! If raspberry blowing was an Olympic sport, we'd have a gold medal winner here at this house. She is amazing at blowing raspberries and can do it for minutes on end. If she's upset about something, she blows them even louder:)

Her nickname these days is TROUBLE!! She loves to get into anything and everything she can't have! Her favorites are: an open gate, dog dish, crayons, anything important to Max and Mya, the tiniest object she can possibly find on the floor (money, legos, cracker crumbs, etc.), outlets, cords, cell phones, remotes, plants, night lights, and dirty shoes! Max and Mya didn't bother our wine rack but with Ivy, we had to move it downstairs!

Despite all of the trouble, she is such a joy to be around. She is the most popular kid in the neighborhood! They come in to ask if Ivy can come out and play quite often! That translates to "can we hold Ivy and pretend she is our real baby?" it's pretty cute:)

Enjoy the 9 month photos!




2 comments:

Tracy said...

I always looked at that wine rack and thought I could never have that out at my house and couldn't believe your kids never bothered it!

Kelly Escorcia said...

Blogging from iPad = not fun. Oh my, I can't believe Ivy is 9 months old! I can't wait to see your kids in October for Luther Homecoming. Love your post about Ivy's updates and how fun that Max is loosing teeth while Ivy is getting new teeth.