Max had a successful first day! This morning the first thing out of his mouth was "When can I go out to the bus stop!" I'm pretty sure the bus was the thing he was most excited about. He got on the bus without even looking back and wouldn't have said bye if I hadn't made him! He got on, got his own seat and didn't even wave out the window.
I ended up following the bus to school just to make sure he got to the right spot once he got there and I was glad I did. He got off the bus and had a look of horror on his face. I'm pretty sure he was not expecting 500+ students and lots of buses/cars/parents etc. everywhere! He got in line and they all blew us a kiss and went in for the day:) The tears started flowing on my way back to the van, but by the time I got there, I was fine. The pit in my stomach was still there, but a coffee (or 2) and a bagel at Panera helped:)
The day was kind of long here because Mya started asking to go meet the bus around noon! He got off at 3:45 and we were so happy to see him! He didn't talk a lot about the day, but I got some things out of him as the afternoon/evening went on. They did a kissing hand activity, got to go outside for 3 recesses, had music class where they had to sing 20 songs, walked A LOT, and learned lots of new names! The only problem came at lunch when he spilled his milk carton on his hot dog bun so he couldn't eat the rest of the hot dog:( The poor guy asked me to pack a straw for him tomorrow so he could drink his milk out of a straw! For those of you sending kiddos out in the next couple of years...buy a few milk cartons and teach them how to drink out of them:) I asked him if he wanted me to pack his lunch tomorrow with a juice box. At first he said yes, but then he said no because they were having mozzarella bites and Jake told him he would love them:) So...we'll have a little talk tomorrow morning about drinking slowly out of the carton.
Other than that, things went okay! He was realllllly tired tonight and went to bed extra early. I just hope he wakes with a smile on his face tomorrow morning! It's definitely strange around here. I came home from school and just looked around like, "Now what??!?" Here are a few pictures!
Here's him running over to me after he got off the bus:) I just hope he runs like that in middle school!
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy first day of school, Max! I'm getting choked up reading this, you are a great mom Beth! Sending prayers the rest of the week goes great too!
Yay! So fun and I'm glad I'm not the only mom that followed the bus to school on their child's first day of school. Love the cute pictures.
I hate to burst your bubble, but he will not run like that when he is in middle school...and you won't want him to, either! But, I love that he runs like that now! :)
Post a Comment