Weirdest weather week ever. Sunday we got stuck in Decorah because of the ice storm. Then Monday school got canceled and by afternoon we were outside with spring coats on digging in the mud and shooting hoops. Monday night there were thunderstorms, then it rained all day Tuesday. Yesterday we woke up to a few inches of snow on the ground with some high winds and today the high is 6! Picture below kind of tells the story. One was taken on Monday and one on Wednesday.
The big two went out in the snow three times yesterday. I couldn't believe they wanted to deal with those winds! While Ivy and I were hanging out, I started thinking about all the words she is saying right now. She's in the stage where she's learning a new word every couple of days. Right now she's saying blankee, mom, mama, mommy, dada, mya, peek-a-boo, more, bye bye, me, chloe, owie, moo, woof-woof, puppy, and my favorite no. Mom, mama and mommy can mean a variety of things....pick me up, get me something, and I want out of this high chair/stroller/carseat/crib. I'm shocked that she doesn't know the words phone, ipad, camera or remote yet.
She is total trouble these days when it comes to her climbing abilities. Chris had to rig up a gate for the steps on Max and Mya's bunk beds. Yesterday I lost track of her for a minute and found her on the top bunk!!! When we raise our voices to her and say NO-NO, she laughs. Same thing when she goes in the street and stands on the kitchen table. She thinks it's funny when we tell her no. Just what I need! Probably doesn't help that I usually take a picture of her when she's doing these crazy things:)
And an update on the dairy allergy...we're doing much better, but it's still not easy. she eats something different than us a lot. For now that doesn't bother her, but I'm guessing it will become more of an issue as she gets older. She is not fond of soy cheese or any kind of soy/almond/rice milk. I'm honestly not sure she'll ever consume a form of milk. I'm a bit worried about her calcium, because it's difficult to figure out how to get her daily value in each day. I've talked to a lot of people and they all say it gets better with time so I'm hoping we get more and more figured out as we go!
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment